Page 48 of 241 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Why NOT to vote Republican

Biden will be in his 80s soon. It is time for younger blood. I will vote for anyone BUT trump. He was impeached twice and now has MANY criminal investigations going on against him. he is the definition of thug. Can’t understand why or how he should be nominated???

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Biden will be in his 80s soon. It is time for younger blood. I will vote for anyone BUT trump. He was impeached twice and now has MANY criminal investigations going on against him. he is the definition of thug. Can’t understand why or how he should be nominated???
    One thing I do find amazing about Trump, much as I can't stand him.....he truly has more lives than a cat's supposed nine lives. I honestly don't know at this point if it's even possible to hold him accountable for anything. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    on this we can agree. So why don’t you use some of your activism time to campaign for a half way reasonable Democratic candidate. Would probably be at this point just about anyone who’s not a Biden. I don’t know if I would vote for the vice president against Trump. I do not know. I really really would have a hard time doing it. But I might. But please don’t put me in that position, get someone else on the ticket besides her.
    I am so all over the map concerning Kamala Harris. I'm glad to see a woman FINALLY rising closer to real power in the US. She can be likeable at times- so I see it. She has also committed more than a couple verbal embarrassments/word salads, all easily viewable on YouTube, which in my mind is why she has been sidelined and we don't hear much of her these days.

I rather doubt the Dems would nominate her as there is too much juicy word salad video of her out there. It's a shame for women too as I worry Ms. Harris's performance to date may have postponed a woman finally serving as US President. I'm hoping for less verbal snafus from her and solid results of some kind from.her before her four years as VP end. I would have chosen Elizabeth Warren, personally. Or even Buttigieg - not because he's openly gay but because he's young, fresh blood.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    What exactly is wrong with President Biden? Is it that the right has permanently besmirched him with their baseless claims of election fraud?
    This isn't an easy question as Liberal but I'll tell it as I see it. To me personally he seems out if touch with the numerous crisises Americans are facing - though I do believe he's trying and I am glad he's not an embarrassment with foreign heads of state. I certainly see him as the much better choice over Trump ' but somehow after the Trump years I was hoping for more. He's no Obama and lacks the charisma of Bill Clinton and I personally believe at times he's in over his head -but also doing the best he can.

I'll close with this. I wish we could have Obama again. Rob

I agree with Jane that I think he's doing better than most people think he is. What has hindered him are the ridiculous jokes about his age, mental status, and life-long stuttering. This is where social media is a firebrand for coming to all the wrong conclusions. The caricature presented by detractors is not the man. But since the Era of Trump, anyone can be a victim of being turned into a digital version of a Garbage Pail Kid. (anyone else remember those?)

In terms of his actual policy, it took him time to get traction, to be sure, given the heavy hand he was dealt--COVID, the war in Ukraine, and all the precarious economic factors tied in with both of those things. Then there has been the daunting task of turning around the devastating actions against the environment by the previous administration (92 environmental policies revoked).

He has had finally been able to show some wins--a relatively stable economy at this point, despite COVID, a steady hand in the face of ominous geopolitical events, and of course, his passing of the Inflation Reduction Act.

He's not perfect, but he does not deserve the crap he's gotten. That being said, I also hope that we can get a younger person in. Never mind term limits--I can't imagine that any octogenarian is going to be able to fulfill the duties of the office of President. Maybe Merlin, since he lived backwards.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

As presidents go I'm OK with Biden. He doesn't have the oratory or communication skills of Clinton or Obama, but he's done a reasonable job of furthering progressives issue, like placing minorities in high level positions. The new climate change legislation seemed like a little too much carrot and not enough stick to me, but considering the environment has mostly gotten lip service up until now, he gets bonus points for that. He at least gives the image of bicycling, rather than riding in a golf cart. My bar for presidents may not be that high.

I had an image of Pence/Cheney on a future ballot. I'm usually wrong on political predictions.

I had an image of Pence/Cheney on a future ballot. I'm usually wrong on political predictions.
    Didn't she lose by a massive margin? Who takes someone who loses by that much, and thinks they should run for President? Maybe she could run with the Forward party.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    Who takes someone who loses by that much, and thinks they should run for President?
    Someone who wants to act as a spoiler, much like H. Ross Perot's 1992 campaign which ultimately kept George H.W. Bush from winning a second term.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    Didn't she lose by a massive margin? Who takes someone who loses by that much, and thinks they should run for President? Maybe she could run with the Forward party.
    Because she lost a Congressional seat in Trump Country. I'm sure she has more popular appeal outside of Wyoming. I think many feel she's handled herself with integrity, and if she can get enough Replubicans and Independents who want to see someone who can get the GOP on a more reasonable track, she might have a chance.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I think many feel she's handled herself with integrity, and if she can get enough Replubicans and Independents who want to see someone who can get the GOP on a more reasonable track, she might have a chance.
    If there were more Republican voters that wanted that, she wouldn't have been the only one to take a stand (well and Romney maybe).
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information