Page 75 of 241 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast

Thread: Why NOT to vote Republican

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I was talking about the loan “forgiveness” plan, not the “Inflation Reduction Act”.

Whether the former reduces inflation will depend on whether a delicate scaffolding of assumptions holds true.
    So the Rich Man's Tax Relief Act was not inflationary, but the Student Loan Forgiveness Act was. What about all the other rich people's bailouts and tax cuts? Seems like a double standard.
    Last edited by JaneV2.0; 9-15-22 at 10:10am.

Yppej
    The Trumper candidate for Senate won the primary in purple New Hampshire.

Here the other day, in perhaps the most liberal county in a quite liberal state, our elected fire commissioners appointed someone to fill a vacant seat until the next election for the spot, ~2 years out.

They had only one applicant, after 2 months outreach.

They appointed the sole applicant. Even though community members had pointed out to the commissioners the applicant's public social media pages, which were festooned with QAnon conspiracy stuff, stop-the-steal/patriot posturing, anti-vax/anti-science nonsense, misogyny, anti-LGBTQ posturing, and so forth.

So, there's that datapoint.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    And yet I still prefer Johnson over Mandela Barnes, who in addition to the usual menu of left wing foolishness is a bit of a tax deadbeat himself.
    Taxes are the least of worries.... again showing money is your priority.... which is laughable since traitor Johnson wants to reduce social security and medicare (or eliminate if he could). I would imagine as a prior cop you need those for your retirement. Shoot yourself in the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    So the Rich Man's Tax Relief Act was not inflationary, but the Student Loan forgiveness Act was. What about all the other rich people's bailouts and tax cuts? Seems like a double standard.
    I never said that. I don’t like anybody’s deficits. But I do think the current one’s are especially large. And I really don’t like it when they get created by executive fiat instead of an act of Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Taxes are the least of worries.... again showing money is your priority.... which is laughable since traitor Johnson wants to reduce social security and medicare (or eliminate if he could). I would imagine as a prior cop you need those for your retirement. Shoot yourself in the foot.
    There are any number of reasons to vote against Barnes that have little to do with money. He sneered at the cops the whole time Kenosha was burning while spending taxpayer funds on private security for himself. He supports a law for the de facto federal takeover of state elections. He’s always been a willing pawn of public employee unions.

I’m not sure where you got the idea I was a cop. I’m not nearly brave enough or good enough to do that kind of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I read this as the Thumper candidate, and got a nice little visual of Thumper saying nice things about everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    The Democrats spent a lot of money in support of Bolduc. Maybe they didn’t get the evil traitor memo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I read this as the Thumper candidate, and got a nice little visual of Thumper saying nice things about everybody.
    Thumper is cute.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    My County is a "Nuclear Weapons-Free Zone" and a "GMO-Free Zone"...

Oh, and I just double-checked the list, we're also an "Immigration Sanctuary County".

Makes sense, since we're right on the border, in the midst of traditional smuggling routes...
    I bet you are relieved people put time and effort into the first two extremely important items.

Thread Information