Page 167 of 241 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 2401

Thread: Why NOT to vote Republican

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Wouldn’t bank on getting a non biased review from the site you indicated. It is from a conservative (meaning big business) viewpoint. We all know how and who they would favor in any instance.
    It provides links to the reports cited and a timeline of the brake rules passage through the government’s various nooks and crannies. But as AOC once opined, there can be a strong preference for being morally right over factual correctness. Once you’ve settled on a cast of heroes and villains, it can be painful to deviate from a preferred narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    It provides links to the reports cited and a timeline of the brake rules passage through the government’s various nooks and crannies. But as AOC once opined, there can be a strong preference for being morally right over factual correctness. Once you’ve settled on a cast of heroes and villains, it can be painful to deviate from a preferred narrative.

You have shown that… by voting for Ron Johnson who was a traitor and not factually or morally correct…. is a prime example!

[/B]

You have shown that… by voting for Ron Johnson who was a traitor and not factually or morally correct…. is a prime example!
    Yes, and considering the ridiculous hack he was running against, I’d do it again. I was pleased to see he was one of the votes against Biden’s ESG rule.

Yes, and considering the ridiculous hack he was running against, I’d do it again. I was pleased to see he was one of the votes against Biden’s ESG rule.
    Thanks for confirming once again that you are happy to vote for an asshat that participated in an attempt led by your party's president to overthrow the government. It's a good reminder of what Maya Angelou once said, “When people show you who they are, believe them the first time.”

Disgusting is all I can say. I hope you get what you deserve.

Disgusting is all I can say. I hope you get what you deserve.
    Me too. I think I deserve a country where fewer people mistake hysteria for passion. I think I deserve a country where fewer people can live with an imperial presidency so long as they like the outcome. I think I deserve a country that doesn’t work to replace equality with an enforced “equity”; or that thinks justice applies on some sort of collective basis rather than how one person treats another. I think I deserve a country where the people who turn their cities into open sewers and anarchist playgrounds don’t pretend to be perpetual fonts of compassion and empathy.

It is obvious you are very confused. You have my sympathy.

Me too. I think I deserve a country where fewer people mistake hysteria for passion. I think I deserve a country where fewer people can live with an imperial presidency so long as they like the outcome. I think I deserve a country that doesn’t work to replace equality with an enforced “equity”; or that thinks justice applies on some sort of collective basis rather than how one person treats another. I think I deserve a country where the people who turn their cities into open sewers and anarchist playgrounds don’t pretend to be perpetual fonts of compassion and empathy.
    Me too. I think many of us want the same thing with a few variations. There's some disagreement on how to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    Me too. I think many of us want the same thing with a few variations. There's some disagreement on how to get there.
    Until a few years ago I would've assumed that most of us would've included "politicians that don't participate in an attempt to overthrow the government". I've since learned that for some people that's an entirely unimportant consideration when deciding who to vote for.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Here is an interesting bill being introduced in Florida requiring bloggers to register with the state if they write about officials. Link to actual proposal in article. it will be interesting to see where it leads but in the meantime lets spend time and taxpayer money on it since there are zero more important problems to worry about.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...stat-rcna73191

Thread Information