Page 123 of 241 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 2401

Thread: Why NOT to vote Republican

Despite months of hard core lobbying in this thread and elsewhere, I voted my conscience today.

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

DH had unexpected surgery for appendicitis this morning. He had a small complication and so he will not be discharged today. He will not be able to vote! I will go in later today to vote though.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    There wasn't even a term "election deniers" in the common lexicon until 2020. I fear for the country when there is a charismatic rabble-rouser running amok bringing out the worst in its citizens.
    "Charismatic Republican" is an oxymoron of the first order.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    Until the election denial is a thing of the past, the terms reasonable and republican are oxymorons. Even if they are not election deniers they've not condemned them. And if we do get past that, there's human caused global warming deniers, the second big lie.
    I actually think election denial is a credible priority to vote against. I don’t love election denial, believe me. But my top issue is abortion so I’ll be voting Democratic for those in my state who can change my state law. Blech.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    haha!! Well, you've got one now.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I actually think election denial is a credible priority to vote against. I don’t love election denial, believe me. But my top issue is abortion so I’ll be voting Democratic for those in my state who can change my state law. Blech.
    100% agree as an independent. There are about 400,000 kids in Foster care, several thousand kids who die of abuse and neglect. If you can’t take care of a child then don’t be forced to have one. Abortion and birth control should be readily available to save these unfortunate unloved and unwanted children from a life of misery. Because people are going to have sex, rape and incest occurs, and unwanted pregnancies will occur. Iris your reason for pro choice stance may be different, but my heart was breaking for the children.

Nice picture, Alan! DH and I will be going soon to town hall to cancel each other's votes out.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    DH and I will be going soon to town hall to cancel each other's votes out.
    Democracy in a nutshell.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Tell that to Katie Hobbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Democracy in a nutshell.
    Actually, it seems I'm voting for 3 Republicans in competitive races. The governor, Phil Scott is great. He has been a great leader in a split blue/red state, especially throughout COVID. I've already mentioned the Independent masquerading as a Republican for Congress, and then on my own little island, I'm voting for 1 Dem and 1 Rep for State Representatives.

Thread Information