Page 239 of 241 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241 LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,390 of 2401

Thread: Why NOT to vote Republican

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    IL, it's great that you have time like I once did when I was waiting tables to get involved - right now I am working 60 to 70 hour weeks which is why I am not here as often as I once was.

On what time I do have off, I am very tired and am playing catch up with the rest of my life. Since it's true that I am banking cash I am grateful and I am keeping my mouth shut and not complaining for once - but it's also true that I just don't have time to do the kinds of activism I once did. Rob
    Working 70 hours is a LOT.

As for “activism” that takes many forms (I like to call it just being a good citizen of my community)

If you don’t have time, you have money. That’s how it is among the middle class—either time or money is our capital.
    I am not a serious person.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Working 70 hours is a LOT.

As for “activism” that takes many forms (I like to call it just being a good citizen of my community)

If you don’t have time, you have money. That’s how it is among the middle class—either time or money is our capital.
    Yes. It seems as if you can have time or money but not BOTH. Sometimes I wonder if I made the right choice - and then I realize that at my age I had no other choice (if I want any real money saved as I push 60). Rob

PS OMG!!! Did you just refer to me as a citizen of the middle class? And it's true from an income perspective but the very idea takes ALOT of getting used to. I'm not saying this is bad - not at all - all I am saying is that the idea takes a lot of getting used to. Rob

Yes. It seems as if you can have time or money but not BOTH. Sometimes I wonder if I made the right choice - and then I realize that at my age I had no other choice (if I want any real money saved as I push 60). Rob

PS OMG!!! Did you just refer to me as a citizen of the middle class? And it's true from an income perspective but the very idea takes ALOT of getting used to. I'm not saying this is bad - not at all - all I am saying is that the idea takes a lot of getting used to. Rob
    Would you prefer we refer to you as a “well-off peasant”? And I’m just kidding. You have to get over the mindset that being middle class is betraying your neighborhood or whatever you think along those lines.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Would you prefer we refer to you as a “well-off peasant”? And I’m just kidding. You have to get over the mindset that being middle class is betraying your neighborhood or whatever you think along those lines.
    Don't drop dead of shock, Tradd.....I think you are right here - at least in the sense that there are adjustments involved for myself. I'm not saying this is bad, mind you, I'm just saying this is part of the deal for me. Rob

Don't drop dead of shock, Tradd.....I think you are right here - at least in the sense that there are adjustments involved for myself. I'm not saying this is bad, mind you, I'm just saying this is part of the deal for me. Rob
    OMG, LOL.

I see that trump’s previous Vice president has decided not to endorse him for the upcoming election. Apparently he doesn’t like the fact that trump tried to have him killed last time.

And now trump promises a bloodbath if he loses. How every single voter in the nation doesn’t find that disqualifying is beyond me.

I think it was the same rally where he had a prison choir of the terrorists from the Jan. 6th assault on the Capitol sing the Star Spangled Banner while he recited the pledge of allegiance. That was rather disturbing. The, if I got it correctly, he promised a 100% tariff on all auto imports.
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    And now trump promises a bloodbath if he loses. How every single voter in the nation doesn’t find that disqualifying is beyond me.
    That's why you should never trust your favorite news sources or online commentators. He was talking about the possibility of Chinese EV's flooding the US market creating an economic "bloodbath" for US manufacturers and auto workers.

Personally, I was very disappointed in the way virtually all US media reported this as if it were a literal call to arms and invitation to violence when it clearly was not. I've pointed out before and I'll mention again that this is the sort of blatant media and party manipulation that drives Trump's popularity among every day Americans. When he is elected in November, everyone participating in this sort of nonsense will be complicit.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    That's why you should never trust your favorite news sources or online commentators. He was talking about the possibility of Chinese EV's flooding the US market creating an economic "bloodbath" for US manufacturers and auto workers.

Personally, I was very disappointed in the way virtually all US media reported this as if it were a literal call to arms and invitation to violence when it clearly was not. I've pointed out before and I'll mention again that this is the sort of blatant media and party manipulation that drives Trump's popularity among every day Americans. When he is elected in November, everyone participating in this sort of nonsense will be complicit.
    you know, I was going to mention this, but then it just makes me angry that I have to defend Trump. If the Jp’s of the world would be less strident in their ridiculous accusations of Trump, I would not be so conflicted.

it is all about me. Haha.

God knows there’s plenty to address about Donald J Trump and his inappropriate-ness to be President of the United States.

And you and I know that legacy media beating the “bloodbath “ narrative will be contributing to the election of Donald J Trump in November 2024. Same shit, different day.
    I am not a serious person.

Thread Information