Page 158 of 241 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 2401

Thread: Why NOT to vote Republican

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    So you're both into super creepy stuff regarding high school athletes having to divurge incredibly personal info about their sexual organ functioning.? Hmmmm. I'd ask you to tell me more but frankly in this case I'll just say " PLEASE STOP TALKING. YOU ARE BOTH CREEPY AS ****."
    Who brought up this “super creepy stuff” in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Who brought up this “super creepy stuff” in the first place?
    Lol. You’re probably right. I should’ve taken the Republican style for dealing with awkward topics like racism. Pretend the subject doesn’t exist and let the unfortunate girls suffer the embarrassment and indignity by themselves.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I'd have to live with myself if I voted Republican. It would also be a direct insult to my Grandfather on my mother's side - her father. When Mom was 18 and about to vote for the first time in Austria, her father took her aside and said words than resonate today. Namely, let us not forget why we have national health care and six paid weeks off a year plus one month's salary bonus at Christmas - the Social Democrats. Wise words to heed. Rob

Lol. You’re probably right. I should’ve taken the Republican style for dealing with awkward topics like racism. Pretend the subject doesn’t exist and let the unfortunate girls suffer the embarrassment and indignity by themselves.
    So you raise a topic, making the reductive assumption that any “super creepy” practice in Florida must be the doing of dastardly Republicans. When others point out this has been the practice for decades in places like California and New York, you dissolve into splenetic name-calling because they mention the topic you introduced. And then the boilerplate accusations of racism and insensitivity.

But you’re not alone. There’s a great piece in the Washington Examiner about “The Media Menstruation Meltdown” that walks through the process.

So you raise a topic, making the reductive assumption that any “super creepy” practice in Florida must be the doing of dastardly Republicans. When others point out this has been the practice for decades in places like California and New York, you dissolve into splenetic name-calling because they mention the topic you introduced. And then the boilerplate accusations of racism and insensitivity.

But you’re not alone. There’s a great piece in the Washington Examiner about “The Media Menstruation Meltdown” that walks through the process.
    If you are implying jp needs some new material…Agreed.

It’s depressing that this female sports medical questioning issue seems to be something that both republicans and democrats have participated in. The idea that anyone would think it’s ok to ask student athletes such intimately personal questions is awful. Not every kid has a theoretical (or real) parent like iris (or me) who would push back against sharing such info with school officials.

But either way I’ll let this ugly issue go. I’m sure the republicans won’t disappoint me by failing to come up with new absurd things to discuss.

It’s depressing that this female sports medical questioning issue seems to be something that both republicans and democrats have participated in. The idea that anyone would think it’s ok to ask student athletes such intimately personal questions is awful.
    I could imagine there are legitimate health reasons for female athletes to be concerned about those sorts of questions, to avoid athletes causing themselves harm by overdoing training and/or eating in an unhealthy fashion. And I wonder if schools have been held responsible for those issues in the past when female athletes overtrained.

However, I'm not convinced the school or the coaches or the medical supervisor for the team should be the one asking the questions, perhaps an educational campaign directed at the athletes would be more appropriate.

I get subjected to all sorts of very intrusive ongoing personal health monitoring to be a firefighter, or even a mere EMT. If I wish to do the job, I cannot escape them. Then again, I'm not a minor.

My own daughter chose not to participate in the organized sports in her high school here, because they wanted the kids to sign some sort of demented "student athlete" contract controlling their behaviour outside school hours, and she found that alone repulsive enough, so she spent the time becoming a swordswoman with private instruction.

But either way I’ll let this ugly issue go. I’m sure the republicans won’t disappoint me by failing to come up with new absurd things to discuss.
    They didn’t. You did. Just read the thread.

They didn’t. You did. Just read the thread.
    Actually the republicans did. Because of course they did. In Missouri they looked at DeHateis from Florida and their don't say gay bill and said "hold my beer, watch this." And in Iowa they went with "lets make Dickens novels and Upton Sinclair's The Jungle look like sweet fairy tales." But whatever. Keep defending the gross idea that school officials, regardless of political affiliation, should be asking high school students for intimate details about the functioning of their sexual organs.

Thread Information