Page 14 of 241 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Why NOT to vote Republican

Watched the hearings today. Sworn testimony by republicans ... trump needs to be made to account for his actions. Wish all people would watch and make their own determination.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post

So people moving there isn't easily going to change things (even all the liberals in California ha - but why would they want to? Might be okay for retirement but for young people or to raise kids? yikes)
    1. In person school.
    2. Lower taxes.
    3. Lower crime.
    4. Stores in the area where you can shop, not closing down due to brazen robberies.

Why do you think California's electoral votes are down and Texas's are up?

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    With eloquence like that, you should consider running for office yourself.
    Do you simply disagree with my presentation or the actual point itself? And considering that you’re part of the party that has a senatorial candidate in Missouri (who was previously the governor) recommending the killing of rino’s like you I’d suggest that republicans have effing killed eloquence. Don’t blame me. I’m just the messenger you keep pretending isn’t making a valid point.

1. In person school.
    2. Lower taxes.
    3. Lower crime.
    4. Stores in the area where you can shop, not closing down due to brazen robberies.

Why do you think California's electoral votes are down and Texas's are up?
    anyone who I ever talked to who was moving there was fairly conservative, I mostly joke about liberal Californians moving there because it's a cliche and one that people love to hate.

Crime is so amorphous and it can be hard to even quantify as minor crimes can probably differ in count by enforcement etc., but you actually think there is that much crime? There is it seems little basis for this belief.

Here is comparison of murder rates, the difference isn't much but Texas is higher.
    https://worldpopulationreview.com/st...-rate-by-state

Here are violent crime rates, again similar
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ent_crime_rate

That's why this lower crime, what are we counting if not murders and violent crimes, petty theft? And even then I have no reason to believe it's higher in California, but I think when you get down to things like that, truly minor crimes, it gets harder to compare apples to apples. Automobile theft is one I think could well be higher in CA., honestly though you insure against it. But homicide and violent crimes not seeing it.
    Trees don't grow on money

Yppej
    Crime is bad enough in California a DA was recalled for being too liberal for San Francisco.

The murder rate is far far higher in red Kern County (Bakersfield) than it is in either San Francisco or LA county. But you are correct. Your car is probably far more likely to be broken into in San Francisco.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Do you simply disagree with my presentation or the actual point itself? And considering that you’re part of the party that has a senatorial candidate in Missouri (who was previously the governor) recommending the killing of rino’s like you I’d suggest that republicans have effing killed eloquence. Don’t blame me. I’m just the messenger you keep pretending isn’t making a valid point.
    I think I get the point you’re trying to make. Trump made a ridiculous failed attempt to stay in office. Some idiots believed him, and behaved like they were in Portland. But it wasn’t the good kind of political violence, so Republicans should wear sackcloth and ashes and be crushed at the polls. Frustratingly enough, this doesn’t appear to be happening, so righteous vulgarity is completely understandable.

I get that, but my horse Ol’ Deplorable took offense and will probably still vote for the GOP out of sheer spite.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I think I get the point you’re trying to make. Trump made a ridiculous failed attempt to stay in office. Some idiots believed him, and behaved like they were in Portland. But it wasn’t the good kind of political violence, so Republicans should wear sackcloth and ashes and be crushed at the polls. Frustratingly enough, this doesn’t appear to be happening, so righteous vulgarity is completely understandable.

I get that, but my horse Ol’ Deplorable took offense and will probably still vote for the GOP out of sheer spite.
    Thought you were a republican with a small (r)?

Portland would have nothing to apologize for, if it weren't for the Proud Boys (sic) who regularly showed up to cause trouble--practicing for January 6, apparently.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Portland would have nothing to apologize for, if it weren't for the Proud Boys (sic) who regularly showed up to cause trouble--practicing for January 6, apparently.
    So since they were done practicing and January 6 is in the rearview mirror it's all hunky dory there? No one moving away because of the rampant crime caused by legions of homeless people out of their skulls on meth?

Thread Information