Page 91 of 241 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast

Thread: Why NOT to vote Republican

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    I agree that speaking at rally’s around the country, probably on our dime is very annoying. I guess Florida has no problems he could work on . He is being sued for firing an elected official so what he may be all about may come to light

I’m interested to know what you would call traditional conservative values. I remember Bush the greater being a family man. He was not boastful or mean. He was for smaller government and family values. I don’t recall him spending huge amounts of time traveling and spending wads of cash at his own properties and he was not constantly stirring up the pot. He was liked by the right and at least tolerated if not liked well enough by the left. Kind of the opposite of our last president.
    Right, I am well aware of Governor DeSantis’ action in firing an elected prosecutor. When I first heard about it, related to me by a liberal voting friend, I thought that might not be a good idea or even a constitutionally supported idea. You (the generic you) have to be careful in removing from office an elected-by-the-people officer holder. The people are in charge.

However, the prosecutor openly said he would not prosecute crime he didn’t believe should be on the books. Well, he doesn’t get to decide that although granted, prosecutors do not go after every crime because they look for evidence to convict, and even cops don’t go after every crime.

But I wondered in my own little prosecutorial blue area how that would embolden our own city prosecutor who flagrantly fails to prosecute, sometimes due to lack of resources due to her own mismanagement and sometimes for her own idealogical reasons.

But then I read that DeSantis DOES have the constitutionally given power to remove from office elected officials who fail to do their job.

This Florida prosecutor stated he wouldn’t do his job.

Making a grandstand declaration “I will not prosecute [certain ] laws” is a BIG noisy political position and the governor has the right AND the responsibility to address that bullshxt.

It looks as though a judge agrees that
    DeSantis has the constitutionally required authority to remove that prosecutor.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 9-24-22 at 5:56pm.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Here is an interesting opinion about a sheriff which is making the AG say his firing is political

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/opin...acq-story.html

I'm not saying I agree with anything just more drama

And speaking of elected prosecutors who should be removed from office by the governor of the state, our own city prosecutor lied on a super high profile case, and was brought up on ethics charges for it. The lying prosecutor got off by a plea agreement where she stated she had “made mistakes” in her handling of the politically charged case.

While I would like our governor to remove her for the incompetence she shows again and again in addition to her political avenger-lying actions, I do not know if he has the constitutional authority. And realistically, the cesspool that is St.Louis would just elect someone else likely as bad.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 9-25-22 at 9:48am.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    Here is an interesting opinion about a sheriff which is making the AG say his firing is political

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/opin...acq-story.html

I'm not saying I agree with anything just more drama
    This article references an entirely theoretical discussion.

why don’t you and I talk when the “constitutional amendment” referenced in this article goes through. Hint: that will be the 12th of never.

The polls show Most republicans (61%) support declaring the US a Christian nation…. meaning those not a christian lose a variety of rights.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_nationalism

Critics have raised concerns about racist tendencies, male violence, and anti-democratic sentiment that is often associated with the modern white Christian nationalist movement.[23][24]

Shows Putin embraces this stance. Not a government we should emulate IMO!!!

Why NOT to vote republican!!!

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    This article references an entirely theoretical discussion.

why don’t you and I talk when the “constitutional amendment” referenced in this article goes through. Hint: that will be the 12th of never.
    but I agree with you. The arguments put forth by the talking heads, political ads and candidates are ridiculous. Whether you watch CNN or Fox or whatever are meaningless unless you look into the issue yourself. But none of us are constitutional experts in my opinion. Even the Supreme Court justices don’t agree after years of study. It will play out in the courts at taxpayer expense. And as usual the mantra of distract, exaggerate or make up claims continues to bombard voters.

Asshole republicans... trying to kill women. Hope they rot in hell.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/20/polit...nvs/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Asshole republicans... trying to kill women. Hope they rot in hell.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/20/polit...nvs/index.html
    Women are just vessels--a means to an end. Didn't you know that?
    As my friend would say "they walk among us."

Okay---Where are we on this debate? I have no time to sit here, and split hairs and go back and forth. See? I'm so thoroughly polarized at this point, that I hope to wake up in a world with no "liberals", or illiberal liberals. But yeah--I'll be voting by the same old present-your-ID at the polling place at the Church nearby, and vote straight-ticket, except for Libertarians. Yup. Unless--there's a save-the-animals candidate, running as an independent. Then sure. Hope that helps you kids some. Thankk Mee.

Apparently now it’s acceptable for Republican state attorneys general to run from process servers and then lie later, claiming that they didn’t know who the person was. (Despite the process server having handed their card to the AG’s wife 20 minutes earlier). The absolute contempt that republicans take towards law and order ought to be remarkable but it’s become so commonplace that it just gets accepted.

Thread Information