Page 117 of 241 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 2401

Thread: Why NOT to vote Republican

And more from LDAHL's hero senator. He doesn't believe people who have different opinions from his should have a right to participate in American life.

“The press is so unbelievably powerful and the left has infiltrated every institution of this country,” Johnson told Levin.

“They started with the college and university system. So they control college of education and journalism and law. And they’ve infiltrated every agency. They’ve infiltrated religions. They’ve infiltrated everything and now we’re seeing the results of that.”

“That’s why our nation is literally on a precipice. We’re at a hinge point in history,” Johnson declared.

“We have to win this election and we have to win many more because we’ve got to push them out of these institutions and return some normalcy, return the values that made this country great,”

I'll admit that Johnson got one thing right in all that. We're at a hinge point in history. And WI's voters can either vote out traitors who actively participated in a deadly attempt to overthrow the government or they can warmly and proudly embrace those traitors.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    And more from LDAHL's hero senator. He doesn't believe people who have different opinions from his should have a right to participate in American life.

“The press is so unbelievably powerful and the left has infiltrated every institution of this country,” Johnson told Levin.

“They started with the college and university system. So they control college of education and journalism and law. And they’ve infiltrated every agency. They’ve infiltrated religions. They’ve infiltrated everything and now we’re seeing the results of that.”

“That’s why our nation is literally on a precipice. We’re at a hinge point in history,” Johnson declared.

“We have to win this election and we have to win many more because we’ve got to push them out of these institutions and return some normalcy, return the values that made this country great,”

I'll admit that Johnson got one thing right in all that. We're at a hinge point in history. And WI's voters can either vote out traitors who actively participated in a deadly attempt to overthrow the government or they can warmly and proudly embrace those traitors.
    Not so much hero as best option available at this time. You would probably hate my ideal candidate much more.

As it is, it’s looking like you can look forward to a couple of years of joyful fulmination.

Tulsi Gabbard is a darling of the Russian press.
    I do like that she's named after my favorite herb, though.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    At this point, it looks to me that the Tuesday vote will not so much be a referendum on democracy as a referendum on the Democrats.

The sad thing is how soon the 2024 campaign will commence thereafter.
    After watching ron johnson say he will not necessarily believe the vote count (unless it is in his favor)…there is NO DOUBT this election will determine if we still have a democracy! There are many other “republicans” across the country spewing the same blasphemy. Their discussions about abortion and potential elimination of medicare/social security should make us ALL not even consider a republican for any office.

Disgusting too is that the ugly yellow moron is talking about trying to run again in 2024. Would this stop his multitude of lawsuits?

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    After watching ron johnson saying he will not necessarily believe the vote count (unless it is in his favor)…there is NO DOUBT this election will determine if we still have a democracy!
    Major Democrats have questioned the legitimacy of every election they've lost since at least 2000 and Democracy survived. What makes you think Ron Johnson's opinion will change that?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Hmmm.... poking around and trying to learn more about my Vermont candidates before I vote, I learned more about the candidate that seems to have started being Independent but wound up on the Republican ticket.

Here's his story: https://rebirthdemocracy.com/liams-story-1

I like the idea that he's really a crossover candidate. He isn't a cartoon of the two sides. I have decided that I am going to go against the favored Democratic candidate for Congress and vote for this guy.

Does it mean I'm not playing the game strategically, because every vote for a Republican congressman is a vote for the GOP to take over the House? Yes.
    You don’t care if the republicans take over. For this election, I say do what it takes to keep them out of power. Your current lifestyle may depend on it.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Bernie Sanders is too damn old, it would be the same problem we have now. Sure, I would vote for a 70 year old Bernie but that shipped sailed.

It would be extremely painful for me to vote for Warren, but I would do it vs Trump. Klobucher, I suppose, I have not paid that much attention to her. Pete Buttigieg is likesble.

The Dems let their best candidate slip through their slimy fingertips, Tulsi Gabbard. I would have enthusiastically voted for her over several Republican ones.
    Agree. I like Buttigieg too.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post

You don’t care if the republicans take over. For this election, I say do what it takes to keep them out of power. Your current lifestyle may depend on it.
    To be honest, all signs point to the Dem candidate being elected anyway, so I feel pretty safe in voting for someone who reflects my values, and neither party is doing that to my liking (although definitely I skew more Dem than GOP). If there is someone up-and-coming and a breath of fresh air, they deserve a chance. Otherwise, I tend to feel that it's the same circus, different monkeys.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Major Democrats have questioned the legitimacy of every election they've lost since at least 2000 and Democracy survived. What makes you think Ron Johnson's opinion will change that?
    Democrats did not attempt a coup. ron johnson tried to send fake electors …. that alone should tell YOU his character.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    To be honest, all signs point to the Dem candidate being elected anyway, so I feel pretty safe in voting for someone who reflects my values, and neither party is doing that to my liking (although definitely I skew more Dem than GOP). If there is someone up-and-coming and a breath of fresh air, they deserve a chance. Otherwise, I tend to feel that it's the same circus, different monkeys.
    As they did for Hillary… look how that turned out.

Thread Information