Page 41 of 91 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Why NOT to vote Republican

It's not at all biased to note that those protestors have no political representation while trump was literally in the white house. At this point trump has stolen nuclear secrets it seems, so yea he has a bunch of fascist supporters, but he's a whole lot more than just that.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    The people who were burning buildings and shooting cops dead in St. louis not long ago were not Trump supporters.

They are thugs, but leftie thugs, regardless of what they are protesting.
    yes, you are biased.
    I'm OK with hanging the thugs on both sides of the aisle.

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    . At this point trump has stolen nuclear secrets it seems,
    I guess he was channeling his inner Julius Rosenberg. Perhaps he will achieve the same fate.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I'm OK with hanging the thugs on both sides of the aisle.
    Most reasonable people are, well, they are ok with due process and lawful consequences.

Playing definition games with what is justified social disruption and what is not is just stupid.

Most reasonable people are, well, they are ok with due process and lawful consequences.

Playing definition games with what is justified social disruption and what is not is just stupid.
    I'm generally OK with being called stupid, but not before I've had my coffee.

True fringewittery requires a sort of closed mental system. They are violent, but we are peaceful (the violence attributed to us is really the doing of provocateurs). They hatch violent plots, but we are entrapped by FBI informants. They want to install an authoritarian regime, we merely want to get things done. They deface buildings, we just need to get our message across. They are racist, we are merely race-conscious. They are uniquely and historically evil, we are pure and so justified in any necessary action we must take.

To a fringewit, the truth is clear and simple and any contradiction can be dismissed as the lies of the opposition. There are only two possible sides in the Great Struggle. You are either with us or beyond the pale.

Fortunately, this thinking is limited to a tiny minority.

Tell you what---I'm voting for whomever the Whig Party supports. See---Millard Filllmore was a one-termer who did not campaign, and the last Whig to be Presydent. How do you like that? We are getting to be like a Latin country, with partisan fanaticism and idolizing our party leaders, something I find disturbing. Inflation runs rampant; pretty soon, you'll have to take a wheelbarrow full of cash to the store for a loaf o' bread. Next thing you know, NATO will have to intercede, and straighten things out. Hope that helps you some.2022-07-22 (8).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I'm generally OK with being called stupid, but not before I've had my coffee.
    Jane oh jane,YOU are not stupid!

perhaps your opinion is, rather, in need of changing!

When you have people like Kevin McCarthy, Newt Gingrich, and Ron DeSantis screaming hatred for the rule of law by accusing the FBI of attacking political enemies it's not so much a fringe sort of aspect of the Republican party, it's more the entire shag carpet of the republican party that holds these views.

Jane oh jane,YOU are not stupid!

perhaps your opinion is, rather, in need of changing!
    Your optimism is inspiring!

Thread Information