Page 134 of 241 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 2401

Thread: Why NOT to vote Republican

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Who benefits from this sort of chaos in our society?
    Russia, for one.

Well, we had the investigation into collusion with Russia, and then the investigation into the investigation. Neither yielded much. Couple of process crimes. We had a couple of gaudy impeachment pageants and any number of Congressional dress-up days. Not to mention the January 6 spectacular or all those strategic leaks from DOJ. I’d say there’s been no shortage of political theater the past few years.

Personally, I’m pretty sure the public has relegated that stuff to background noise already. It’s more for the true aficionados at this point.

I see it as a concocted scheme to make the transgressions of the democrats, and I'm sure there are some, look as bad as an effort to overthrow a legitimate presidential election outcome and hiding top secret national documents for unknown intentions. It's not chaos but a planned play for power and a distraction from the election deniers who haven't faired well.

I'm surprised Jim Jordan hasn't blown a cortex yet, he gets so worked up.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post

Personally, I’m pretty sure the public has relegated that stuff to background noise already. It’s more for the true aficionados at this point.
    True. I would imagine that even people who consider themselves "good republicans" probably voted this month for participants in the coup attempt.

I expect those same people have also applied the flawed reasoning of "since traitors didn't get elected three weeks ago to key roles like SOS in swing states the whole worry about democracy being in peril was just a big nothing burger." To do that though they probably used the same flawed reasoning as the Y2K deniers did after nothing disastrous happened on 1/1/2000, ignoring the fact that the reason nothing went wrong on 1/1/2000 was because a whole lot of people fretted about it and sounded alarms about it before hand and then the necessary resources were used to prevent disaster. I doubt you'll ever thank people like me for saving our government but "you're welcome".

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    True. I would imagine that even people who consider themselves "good republicans" probably voted this month for participants in the coup attempt.

I expect those same people have also applied the flawed reasoning of "since traitors didn't get elected three weeks ago to key roles like SOS in swing states the whole worry about democracy being in peril was just a big nothing burger." To do that though they probably used the same flawed reasoning as the Y2K deniers did after nothing disastrous happened on 1/1/2000, ignoring the fact that the reason nothing went wrong on 1/1/2000 was because a whole lot of people fretted about it and sounded alarms about it before hand and then the necessary resources were used to prevent disaster. I doubt you'll ever thank people like me for saving our government but "you're welcome".
    You can wear your gaudiest bones and feathers for an ostentatious anti-dragon ritual. But if no dragons appear even though you spent $53,000,000 on dragon bait, and you demand gratitude for your magic, do you really expect people to give it to you? And to heed your next warning about the coming jabberwocky threat?

You can wear your gaudiest bones and feathers for an ostentatious anti-dragon ritual. But if no dragons appear even though you spent $53,000,000 on dragon bait, and you demand gratitude for your magic, do you really expect people to give it to you? And to heed your next warning about the coming jabberwocky threat?
    Gobblygook again! The dragons appeared on Jan 6th…. there can be no denying!

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Gobblygook again! The dragons appeared on Jan 6th…. there can be no denying!
    Do you really get none of that? I think it is hilarious!

But then, I live to be entertained with words.

I got it but do not find entertaining in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I will have to delve into this later as I know several Trump voters including those who are never spoken about: successful professional women with advanced degrees. That demographics is supposed to hate Trump and love Hilary.
    I dont know that I learned much of anything important with this article, but it was an ok read.

Cool story bro. And definitely timely given that republicans have announced their intentions to spend the next two years chasing after the mythical hunter biden laptop dragon. I wonder which of those exalted thinkers you admire had suggested that this is what conservatives should do if they gained power?

Thread Information