Page 111 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1571

Thread: Why NOT to vote Republican

Apparently pelosi’s (attempted) assassinator isn’t especially smart since he didn’t even plan around when she would likely be in San Francisco. If he had he wouldn’t have gotten in as she has secret service protection. It’s kind of sad and pathetic that now even old men who aren’t in government need extra protection from Republican violence.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Apparently pelosi’s (attempted) assassinator isn’t especially smart since he didn’t even plan around when she would likely be in San Francisco. If he had he wouldn’t have gotten in as she has secret service protection. It’s kind of sad and pathetic that now even old men who aren’t in government need extra protection from Republican violence.
    She has Capitol Police protection, not Secret Service, and what makes you think dude is a Republican and not just bat shit crazy?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    She has Capitol Police protection, not Secret Service, and what makes you think dude is a Republican and not just bat shit crazy?
    And if he was bat-shit crazy, what forces in our society, if any, pushed him to his specific choice of victim, goals, and language?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    And if he was bat-shit crazy, what forces in our society, if any, pushed him to his specific choice of victim, goals, and language?
    I don't know, his partner says he thought he was Jesus for a year, who do you think we should blame for that?

If we're going to go down that 'everything's political' rabbit hole and the effect of language on mentally ill people, I wonder why he didn't go after one of our Supreme Court Justices after Chuck Schumer stood on the Court steps and shouted, "We're coming after you Kavanaugh". I prefer to think that like the guy who then did go after Kavanaugh, some folks are just crazy.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I understand he left quite an electronic trail. https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...fs-1234620507/

"DAVID DEPAPE, THE man now charged with attempted homicide and a raft of other felonies for allegedly attacking Paul Pelosi, husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, with a hammer in the couple’s San Francisco home early this morning, has a long history of sharing extreme ideas online, including several conspiracy theories popular among far-right conservatives.

At the time of his arrest on Friday, DePape, 42, maintained a subscription-model blog where he vented rage over Covid-19 precautions and espoused beliefs shared by the conspiracist QAnon movement. The page also includes dedicated sections for Holocaust denial, climate change denial, transphobia, racism, misogyny, voter fraud conspiracy theories, Second Amendment absolutism, screeds against groomers and “pedos,” and trashing actress Amber Heard, the ex-wife of Johnny Depp.

DePape posted similar hard-right and conspiratorial content on his Facebook page, which the platform deleted on Friday.

In an Aug. 23 post on his personal blog, DePape wrote, “How did I get into all this. Gamer gate it was gamer gate.” Gamergate was an online misogynist harassment campaign that stretched across 2014 and 2015. It originated as a backlash to feminism and women in the video game industry but morphed into a strain of alt-right ideology that many argue radicalized legions of disaffected men."

Note DePape, like so many of these would-be and successful murderers, is on the record as being a devout woman-hater.

Come back after you've spent five minutes reading about him and tell me you still think he's just crazy and not a maga republican. I realize that will be hard for you since you truly can't imagine any republican ever doing anything bad but JFC, at least try to be believable.

https://nypost.com/2022/10/29/pelosi...le-lover-kids/

While various interested parties want to paint this guy as radicalized by right wing rhetoric, he seems to have espoused lunacy from both sides of the aisle. Personally, I see him as a general-purpose nutcase who acts on whatever the voices have told him recently.

The people bathing themselves in red light and ranting about ultra mega maga super Nazis talking about other peoples' overwrought rhetoric strikes me as not a little
    disingenuous. Especially when they support them in their primary bids.

The capital police is a small force and they focus on the person that’s elected. So no one was monitoring the screen when the nut broke in. I would be living in a high rise condo if I was in that position. Way too easy to break into a home and too many nuts in the world.

If we're going to go down that 'everything's political' rabbit hole and the effect of language on mentally ill people, I wonder why he didn't go after one of our Supreme Court Justices after Chuck Schumer stood on the Court steps and shouted, "We're coming after you Kavanaugh". I prefer to think that like the guy who then did go after Kavanaugh, some folks are just crazy.
    So, did Shumer, or anyone else, put Kavanaugh in a bullseye? Or say "I'd be hard pressed not to use the gavel on Kavanaugh's head if I got on the court" (like asshole Kevin McCarthy (potential speaker of the house) said about pelosi)? There is a big difference between "we're coming after you" and all the violent rhetoric the republicans have been using against democrats for years. Surely you aren't as stupid as you sound when you try to make these pathetic false equivalences. Just stop while you're behind. You only make the rest of us understand all the more clearly than ever how ugly your political party is.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Come back after you've spent five minutes reading about him and tell me you still think he's just crazy and not a maga republican. I realize that will be hard for you since you truly can't imagine any republican ever doing anything bad but JFC, at least try to be believable.
    And sometimes those MAGA people, or those suspected of being MAGA, are not only attacked but actually killed.

https://www.am1100theflag.com/news/r...akota-attorney

But he’s just a local drunk who causes trouble when he’s in his cups I guess. President Joe Biden’s speech about how MAGA Americans are a threat to democracy spa few days prior had nothing to do with spurring on this drunk guy who ran over a kid. Nah, nothing.

Thread Information