Page 9 of 241 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Why NOT to vote Republican

Oops--that should be Congresswoman Cheney.

I would vote for Congresswoman Cheney for president, and I'm not a Republican.

Yppej
    While she has integrity I would not vote for Cheney because she is a warmonger. She fought against the withdrawal from Afghanistan among other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I would vote for Congresswoman Cheney for president, and I'm not a Republican.
    I'm pretty sure we agree on absolutely nothing, including that her father is a war criminal, and I wouldn't vote for her under any foreseeable circumstances, but I would be interested to see how she would run the country.

Yeah, I'll give Cheney credit for defying her party, but that doesn't make me her potential voter.

Coincidentally, DH and I watched the movie VICE, with Christian Bale. Later I looked it up to see what was factual and what was dramatic license, because it certainly didn't paint a flattering picture of Dick Cheney. Also, it shed light on interesting family dynamics and how politics impacted relationships, like when Liz Cheney said she didn't support same-sex marriage in order to win a congressional seat, even though she fully backed her gay sister Mary's relationship. She basically threw her sister under the bus for political capital. And, according to other sources, that was fact.

Interesting movie, directed in an interesting way. I liked it. Christian Bale was incredible, as he always is. And it was a star-studded movie. Steve Carrell as Donald Rumsfeld was a surprise.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Yeah, I'll give Cheney credit for defying her party, but that doesn't make me her potential voter.

Coincidentally, DH and I watched the movie VICE, with Christian Bale. Later I looked it up to see what was factual and what was dramatic license, because it certainly didn't paint a flattering picture of Dick Cheney. Also, it shed light on interesting family dynamics and how politics impacted relationships, like when Liz Cheney said she didn't support same-sex marriage in order to win a congressional seat, even though she fully backed her gay sister Mary's relationship. She basically threw her sister under the bus for political capital. And, according to other sources, that was fact.

Interesting movie, directed in an interesting way. I liked it. Christian Bale was incredible, as he always is. And it was a star-studded movie. Steve Carrell as Donald Rumsfeld was a surprise.
    She reversed her stand on gay marriage after she won her election, quietly and belatedly. Not a sister's finest hour,
    I think I'd like that film; I remember thinking the casting and/or makeup was outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    She reversed her stand on gay marriage after she won her election, quietly and belatedly. Not a sister's finest hour,
    Barack Obama did as well, and yet he's loved and adored. Are you sure you're not being misogynistic?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Barack Obama did as well, and yet he's loved and adored. Are you sure you're not being misogynistic?
    A lot of people have changed their minds on this issue, me included. We had a domestic partnership law, which seemed adequate until I educated myself on the benefits of marriage (what did I know?) And my sibling wasn't "gay-married" yet. I just wish Cheney hadn't embarrassed her sister while she was pondering the issue. That's certainly not my main issue with her.
    Last edited by JaneV2.0; 6-17-22 at 4:23pm.

It’s a cynical flip-flop when the other side does it. It’s “evolving” when our side does it.

Well it's not like I was making public pronouncements during my thought process...I suppose politicians can't ever say "I'm still formulating an opinion on that issue."

Thread Information