Page 213 of 241 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2401

Thread: Why NOT to vote Republican

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    I read the 98 page indictment today, as I have the others. The story it tells is fascinating in a horrifying way. I had to look some things up, like exactly what RICO really means (as opposed to what I think it means) as well as some of the references.

Ruby Freeman, the election worker in Georgia who Trump accused of stuffing ballot boxes, running ballots through multiple times and so on was put through hell. Not only did they try to tamper with her testimony, they sent people to warn her she was in danger. They talked to her neighbors and some of the operatives travelled from out of state to try to influence her. Also, Giuliani said in one of his speeches she was running around on ballot counting night giving out USB drives like they were heroin or crack. Trump said horrible things about her too. An innocent bystander who had to leave her house and hide, endure death threats and harassment.

Sydney Powell actually paid a company to maintain a server the stolen voter data could be stored on after she breached voting machines.

It truly is so unbelievable our greatest crime writers could not think it up.

I wanted to base my opinions on the actual information, not what the media wants me to think. If half as much effort was put Into actually running the country we'd be the envy of the world.

Flowers, that is great that you read it, and it saves me reading 98 pages. I accept your summary.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 8-16-23 at 9:00am.
    I am not a serious person.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    I wanted to base my opinions on the actual information, not what the media wants me to think. If half as much effort was put Into actually running the country we'd be the envy of the world.
    But, at present, a lot of the rest of the world is losing faith in America's ability to self-govern, and you can see it in the ratings agencies and bond markets. This gives me concern for financial stability during my retirement years.

Though, we're still doing better than the Russian ruble :-)

What those two election workers went through probably took years off their lives. I hope they get some recompense and recover their mental and physical health. If the RICO crowd is found guilty, I hope they rot in jail. Soulless bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    But, at present, a lot of the rest of the world is losing faith in America's ability to self-govern, and you can see it in the ratings agencies and bond markets. This gives me concern for financial stability during my retirement years.

I could not agree with you more. With the budget stand offs and the 1/6 riots instead of the peaceful transfer of power it certainly does show us in turmoil. The price of housing around me has skyrocketed and as discussed in other threads, homelessness, income disparity, the cost of medical care, dismal education scores, huge student loan and consumer debt, and inflation make us look more and more like a third world country.

As far as retirement, I can say the one thing that lets me sleep at night is zero debt ever. Its cash or go without. My kids are trying to get their houses paid off and luckily are debt averse as well. I cannot imagine young people trying to break into the housing market these days in multiple areas around the country. Plus few have pensions, and if the republicans have their way, future social security benefits, which they are forced to pay into, will be reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Flowers, that is great that you read it, and it saves me reading that eight pages. I accept your summary.
    What is amazing is the amount of people involved and how they conspired and were convinced they could actually overthrow the election results. The amount of states they targeted to get them to have a slate of false electors, send things back to the legislatures so they could override the vote and constant propaganda is outlined. They have emails, testimony, documents and so on. I really think everyone should read it because the story it tells does not seem it could happen in an advanced nation.

Also in the news... Rudy Guliani has had to list his 6.5 million dollar condo for sale because of all his legal bills. It is amazing to read about all the good things he did as mayor of NYC, especially in the 9/11aftermath. And look where he is now. Sad.

I see the Russian central bank raised its discount rate to 12% when the ruble fell below one US cent.

I do think many more centrally governed countries overestimate the importance of the US presidency in maintaining economic stability.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I do think many more centrally governed countries overestimate the importance of the US presidency in maintaining economic stability.
    I think the current concerns come from watching the antics of a few childish members of Congress causing the US to nearly go into default.

Presumably there is concern overseas over the Senate holding up military and diplomatic appointments, and the previous government's outright glee in not filling diplomatic positions.

We are no longer the "Exceptional America" that other countries had come to rely upon. For good or bad.

I think the current concerns come from watching the antics of a few childish members of Congress causing the US to nearly go into default.

Presumably there is concern overseas over the Senate holding up military and diplomatic appointments, and the previous government's outright glee in not filling diplomatic positions.

We are no longer the "Exceptional America" that other countries had come to rely upon. For good or bad.
    I think that’s true, but when I look at the economic, social and foreign relations positions of the euro or renminbi economies, I don’t see a lot of strength or superior performance.

Thread Information