Page 90 of 241 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: Why NOT to vote Republican

Spending $1.6m of tax money to pay a big Republican donor to fly 50 immigrants from not Florida to not Florida. Republican fiscal responsibility at its finest.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/imm...tion-rcna48967

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Spending $1.6m of tax money to pay a big Republican donor to fly 50 immigrants from not Florida to not Florida. Republican fiscal responsibility at its finest.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/imm...tion-rcna48967
    He has twelve million to spend on migrant relocation but these souls were not in Florida and were here legally. Last night someone told me every penny is worth it because DeSantis made a bold statement. Some people have so much hate in their hearts they will defend anything. Of course some people are speaking out but he has a hold on republicans and is very clever and much smarter than Trump I think.

In other news, the special master is one tough cookie. I guess today, after Trump told Sean Hannity the FBI planted documents he wanted proof of that in a signed statement. And famous Alex Jones is is making an ass out of himself in court. Maybe all the liers are finally facing the music. I predict once midterms are over more Republicans will denounce or distance from Trump. Plus the NY indictment. Interesting that no other Republican or Democratic president had anywhere near the lawsuits, accusations and investigations surrounding trump.

I hope someone saved the gallows the Jan 6 tourists put up.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    Interesting that no other Republican or Democratic president had anywhere near the lawsuits, accusations and investigations surrounding trump.
    Yeah but bill Clinton lied about a blowjob…

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I hope someone saved the gallows the Jan 6 tourists put up.
    I shudder when I think what could have happened on that day, although it certainly was horrible enough. An angry mob out of control. Pence or Pelisi could have been killed.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    He has twelve million to spend on migrant relocation but these souls were not in Florida and were here legally. Last night someone told me every penny is worth it because DeSantis made a bold statement. Some people have so much hate in their hearts they will defend anything. Of course some people are speaking out but he has a hold on republicans and is very clever and much smarter than Trump I think.

In other news, the special master is one tough cookie. I guess today, after Trump told Sean Hannity the FBI planted documents he wanted proof of that in a signed statement. And famous Alex Jones is is making an ass out of himself in court. Maybe all the liers are finally facing the music. I predict once midterms are over more Republicans will denounce or distance from Trump. Plus the NY indictment. Interesting that no other Republican or Democratic president had anywhere near the lawsuits, accusations and investigations surrounding trump.
    flowers, I do feel sorry for you, having a governor who is playing to the cameras for a possible Presidential run. That would annoy me greatly, that he is grandstanding rather than tending to business of my state.

That said, I like DeSantis well enough and will gladly vote for him over Trump. I wish him well, very well, in a showdown with Trump. He has governed well IMHO. He is smart, not only politically smart, but intelligent and hardworking. I do not know where exactly he comes down in traditional conservative values but I am guessing he is more thoughtfully conservative in those principles than is Trump.

"I do not know where exactly he comes down in traditional conservative values but I am guessing he is more thoughtfully conservative in those principles than is Trump."

That's a low bar, as Trump's never had even the slightest interest in the workings of government, save what's in it for him.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    But in my fantasy deal with the devil, would you take it?Trump goes away permenantly in exchange for all current legal threats and charges dropped.

Deal?
    Nope. I'd like to see the legal system convict Trump of felonies committed and exposed as a con man. He may not permanently go away, but would be significantly diminished and there would be some legal precedence to discourage others from following in his footsteps.

flowers, I do feel sorry for you, having a governor who is playing to the cameras for a possible Presidential run. That would annoy me greatly, that he is grandstanding rather than tending to business of my state.

That said, I like DeSantis well enough and will gladly vote for him over Trump. I wish him well, very well, in a showdown with Trump. He has governed well IMHO. He is smart, not only politically smart, but intelligent and hardworking. I do not know where exactly he comes down in traditional conservative values but I am guessing he is more thoughtfully conservative in those principles than is Trump.
    You need to do more research. Guessing doesn't cut it. If you remember, trump endorsed him. Now he is an adversary so that is not the case. We can only hope some truly "conservative" republican" comes forward.

I agree that speaking at rally’s around the country, probably on our dime is very annoying. I guess Florida has no problems he could work on . He is being sued for firing an elected official so what he may be all about may come to light

I’m interested to know what you would call traditional conservative values. I remember Bush the greater being a family man. He was not boastful or mean. He was for smaller government and family values. I don’t recall him spending huge amounts of time traveling and spending wads of cash at his own properties and he was not constantly stirring up the pot. He was liked by the right and at least tolerated if not liked well enough by the left. Kind of the opposite of our last president.

Thread Information