Page 5 of 241 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Why NOT to vote Republican

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    People who feel the need to describe themselves as "patriots" are like Elon Musk characterizing himself as an "alpha." Laughable.
    Easy there. I live in Patriots territory. Only Brady is laughable because he is a traitor.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    People who feel the need to describe themselves as "patriots" are like Elon Musk characterizing himself as an "alpha." Laughable.
    Oh, I don't know about that. To me, someone considering themselves as patriotic are just expressing their love for something bigger than themselves, in this case their country, in a succinct manner. People who consider themselves patriots generally do it alone and do not expect others to validate it for them.
    I save my laughter for those who feel entitled to perhaps choose their own pronouns and demand everyone else respect them, or use their adjectives improperly such as someone politically 'progressive' calling themselves 'liberal'. That's a real knee slapper.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Those who stormed the capital on Jan 6th (or provoked them to do so) are NOT patriots IMO but traitors who should be treated as such. The damage done and talk of hanging Pence, etc. One person was shot and killed on the spot. Surprisingly, there were not more. What is laughable is these low lifes calling themselves patriots.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Those who stormed the capital on Jan 6th (or provoked them to do so) are NOT patriots IMO but traitors who should be treated as such. The damage done and talk of hanging Pence, etc. One person was shot and killed on the spot. Surprisingly, there were not more. What is laughable is these low lifes calling themselves patriots.
    People can call themselves whatever they like and they could call other people whatever they like. It’s just a dumb label.

The people who stormed the capital, who actually broke down doors and acted like fools are what
    I call “fools. “

Liz Cheney's opening remarks at the Jan 6th Hearing are spot on!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ing/ar-AAYiKz7

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    People can call themselves whatever they like and they could call other people whatever they like. It’s just a dumb label.

The people who stormed the capital, who actually broke down doors and acted like fools are what
    I call “fools. “
    They might more accurately be called "tools." They acted in service to a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Liz Cheney's opening remarks at the Jan 6th Hearing are spot on!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ing/ar-AAYiKz7
    I wasn't a fan of her father, but I really admire her integrity and willingness to speak truth to power, despite the impact on her own standing in her party.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I wasn't a fan of her father, but I really admire her integrity and willingness to speak truth to power, despite the impact on her own standing in her party.
    I agree. She is courageous in comparison to the latter-day quislings in her party.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I call “fools. “
    "Fools" works for me, but "criminals" is the first word that comes to my mind.

The Proud Boys (sic) have been on my radar since they violently and repeatedly disrupted BLM demonstrations in Portland. They were thugs and criminals long before they were involved in the insurrection.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/...ite-legal-woes

Thread Information