Page 31 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: Why NOT to vote Republican

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Maddow does not.
    Not intentionally, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Obviously, you have not watched her show.

I've said before that I would be proud to have had a daughter of Rachel Maddow's caliber.

She has said "I'm undoubtedly a liberal, which means that I'm in almost total agreement with the Eisenhower-era Republican Party platform."

You don't know the definition of parody. Stephen Colbert does parody... Maddow does not.
    I was simply pointing out that if Air America had been parody, it may have survived since regular liberal themed programming couldn't generate enough interest to continue. 10 or 12 hours of continuous grievance and republican bashing each day needs to at least be entertaining.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

The same could be said of Limbaugh. Who exactly was he parodying other than himself.

Obviously, you have not watched her show.
    I never miss her on election nights. She switches from smug elation to pinched frustration seamlessly. Sort of like that Iraqi spokesman insisting the allied forces were being utterly destroyed. I also enjoyed her early and enthusiastic commitment to various Russian conspiracy theories. The “walls closed in” at least 500 times over two years. She was the Wile E Coyote of Collusion, even claiming Russian agents were involved in Trump’s Covid response.

And the constant reminders that she went to Oxford always struck me as comically insecure.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    The same could be said of Limbaugh. Who exactly was he parodying other than himself.
    I was never a big Rush fan, basically because I have so little patience for outrage as argument. Still I wonder what he could have done with “greedflation”, the “Inflation Reduction Act” or the “Misinformation Governance Board”.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Wow, Gaetz's rant is certainly mean and nasty.

I have observed that on Facebook, where I have both liberal and conservative friends that post, my conservative friends are much, much more likely to post inane, mean political memes.

for example

Attachment 4644
    I don’t think that is inane or mean FOR A MEME. That is what a meme often is – overstating a case in a pithy, pointed way.

I don’t think this one is especially funny or clever.

The best thing about Limbaugh is that he provided a convenient way for the rest of us to learn who among us was cool with racism. Sort of in the same way that trump helped us identify people who are cool with sexual assaulters. It’s just kind of a bonus for some people that they both like to punch down. Because what could be more awesome than watching a bully beat up someone smaller and weaker than they are?

I never miss her on election nights. She switches from smug elation to pinched frustration seamlessly. Sort of like that Iraqi spokesman insisting the allied forces were being utterly destroyed. I also enjoyed her early and enthusiastic commitment to various Russian conspiracy theories. The “walls closed in” at least 500 times over two years. She was the Wile E Coyote of Collusion, even claiming Russian agents were involved in Trump’s Covid response.

And the constant reminders that she went to Oxford always struck me as comically insecure.
    I never have watched any commentators on election night. Who cares what they think? As far as where she was educated….. I NEVER heard her comment on it. If she did, it is no different than Ted Cruse bragging about his alma mater (Harvard/Princeton). Redundant.

Thread Information