Page 2 of 242 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Why NOT to vote Republican

[QUOTE=Alan;408108]I believe there were two different bills passed in the House dealing with this issue, and as I understand it that Republican resistance had to do with the legislation doing nothing to correct the issues causing the problem in this country. In other words it didn't do enough to solve the problem.
    You seem to be implying that Republicans stopped the legislation from passing, that's not true.

They did yesterday. They vetoed getting help from other countries.

Do you think that 71% of the population is in favor of unrestricted abortion up till birth or do you think that 71% of the population believes that abortion should be available up to a certain point, perhaps only in the first trimester?
    It seems to me that the political debate seems to be for all or nothing on the issue which I think has very little support on either side.

Abortion IMO should be up to the individual. I believe in separating church from state. This issue should not be regulated in any case IMO. Interestingly, Republicans want few regulations. I don’t get why this is any different.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post

I think you're mistaken.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Assuming Roe vs. Wade is formally overturned, I understand it would become a state by state issue. Without looking up the specific demographics, I could suppose the red states get their voter desires and the blue states get theirs? It does seem like a bit of a conundrum regardless.

[QUOTE=frugal-one;408112]
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I believe there were two different bills passed in the House dealing with this issue, and as I understand it that Republican resistance had to do with the legislation doing nothing to correct the issues causing the problem in this country. In other words it didn't do enough to solve the problem.
    You seem to be implying that Republicans stopped the legislation from passing, that's not true.

Do you think that 71% of the population is in favor of unrestricted abortion up till birth or do you think that 71% of the population believes that abortion should be available up to a certain point, perhaps only in the first trimester?
    It seems to me that the political debate seems to be for all or nothing on the issue which I think has very little support on either side.

Abortion IMO should be up to the individual. I believe in separating church from state. This issue should not be regulated in any case IMO. Interestingly, Republicans want few regulations. I don’t get why this is any different.
    I’m not surprised that you didn’t answer Alan’s question.

[/B]I think you're mistaken.
    I am. 9 Republicans voted against. I misread. Still surprises me that anyone would vote against such a thing!

I am. 9 Republicans voted against. I misread. Still surprises me that anyone would vote against such a thing!
    That sort of thing usually happens with bills enjoying overwhelming bipartisan support when someone doesn't want to settle for something that could be done better with a few changes to the legislation. It surprises me that anyone would hold that against them.

Seems to me like a poor reason to hate Republicans, assuming that a reason is needed.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

That sort of thing usually happens with bills enjoying overwhelming bipartisan support when someone doesn't want to settle for something that could be done better with a few changes to the legislation. It surprises me that anyone would hold that against them.

Seems to me like a poor reason to hate Republicans, assuming that a reason is needed.
    You have not been reading my posts. Also, 192 Republicans voted against the other regarding formula listed above.

I don't hate Republicans ... just feel like they are not representing the majority of the people and are gerrymandering and trying to make it so they are elected whether they have been legitimately or not. Scary. I used to vote Republican but IMO the party is no longer.

Yppej
    You have not been reading my posts. Also, 192 Republicans voted against the other regarding formula listed above.

I don't hate Republicans ... just feel like they are not representing the majority of the people and are gerrymandering and trying to make it so they are elected whether they have been legitimately or not. Scary. I used to vote Republican but IMO the party is no longer.
    Gerrymandering originated in my state and I have seen plenty of it. Elbridge Gerry was a member of the Democratic-Republican Party, which evolved into the Democratic Party. But the original name of his party is fitting, as both Democrats and Republicans have gerrymandered. Things are nowhere near as black and white as you think.

You have not been reading my posts.
    Sure I have.
    Also, 192 Republicans voted against the other regarding formula listed above.
    Yes, that one was basically just giving the FDA a crap load of money under the guise of them correcting the formula problem. Democrats didn't seem to care that the FDA doesn't produce infant formula and the Republicans did. Damn Republicans!
    I don't hate Republicans ... just feel like they are not representing the majority of the people and are gerrymandering and trying to make it so they are elected whether they have been legitimately or not.
    The latest gerrymandering news has to do with New York state, and not a single Republican was involved. Imagine that!

I was referring to gerrymandering in WI. It is ridiculous!

FDA and formula article.... No one said the FDA produces formula.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/baby-...164123860.html

Thread Information