Page 21 of 241 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Why NOT to vote Republican

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Not good for me Rob! Disgusted by these fascist republicans and lying bastards put in the supreme court by trump. Such strong language has never been uttered from my mouth. If an old biddy like me feels this way, imagine what the streets are going to be like in the days to come?
    Fair enough. And I agree with your comment about the streets in the upcoming days. And I merely meant to say something supportive regarding your willingness to protest in regards to what's gone down here. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Not good for me Rob! Disgusted by these fascist republicans and lying bastards put in the supreme court by trump. Such strong language has never been uttered from my mouth. If an old biddy like me feels this way, imagine what the streets are going to be like in the days to come?
    More rabble for LDAHL to look down his nose at. Just like BLM marchers who were tired of their friends and relatives being targeted, harassed, and killed by out-of-control police officers, women have had it with being oppressed and patronized.

A woman I used to work with marched for the first time at the Woman's March in 2017, at 60-something. My protest days are over--at least in person--but I'll continue to pay attention and contribute in other ways. I hope this galvanizes a too-complacent public to act.

I'm too old and feeble to move. Chalk it up to "I regret."

I'm not sure what marching in the streets will accomplish in this case. How will this produce the desired change?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I'm not sure what marching in the streets will accomplish in this case. How will this produce the desired change?
    I think it's a way to illustrate that there are thousands of people riled up, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. People angry enough to take to the streets will likely work for change in other ways. On the other hand, Republicans demanding their due can just wave their money.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    women have had it with being oppressed and patronized.
    I saw a doctor being interviewed on the local NBC affiliate on the decision and she kept referring to birthing persons.

Women have nothing now - not our own swimming trophies, not even pregnancy as an issue.

Yes we are oppressed and patronized.

I think it's a way to illustrate that there are thousands of people riled up
    that's generally all protest ever does, if one knows that going in, so much the better.

Maybe it will be a push back against the court passing yet more draconian laws (I mean probably not, but possibly so)
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I saw a doctor being interviewed on the local NBC affiliate on the decision and she kept referring to birthing persons.

Women have nothing now - not our own swimming trophies, not even pregnancy as an issue.

Yes we are oppressed and patronized.
    I think you just inadvertently identified one of the odd , unfortunate potential consequences. A trans man who has sex with men who unintentionally ends up pregnant and is forced to carry to term. I can only imagine the emotional discord of being forced with threat of violence by the government that someone in that situation would feel.

I think you just inadvertently identified one of the odd , unfortunate potential consequences. A trans man who has sex with men who unintentionally ends up pregnant and is forced to carry to term. I can only imagine the emotional discord of being forced with threat of violence by the government that someone in that situation would feel.
    equivalent to that of a cis woman in the same situation right?
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I used to think this way too. I have NEVER been so disgusted or inclined to act. It is a way to show MAJOR malcontent and, perhaps, show the dumbass republicans how many people will vote against them going forward.

Interestingly, Warren Buffett is making a stand too!

https://link.cnbc.com/public/28176018

Thread Information