Page 3 of 241 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Why NOT to vote Republican

Assuming Roe vs. Wade is formally overturned, I understand it would become a state by state issue. Without looking up the specific demographics, I could suppose the red states get their voter desires and the blue states get theirs?
    see the part about gerrymandering, many states don't really represent citizen desires anymore above. Also if people want to order abortion pills fine, but I resent that state healthcare resources in blue states will be used for people in other states that cross state lines for an abortion, stretching our resources (not just abortion resources).
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    I was referring to gerrymandering in WI. It is ridiculous!
    Don't you just hate it when Republicans in Wisconsin act like Democrats wherever they may enjoy a legislative majority? Again, damn Republicans!

FDA and formula article.... No one said the FDA produces formula.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/baby-...164123860.html
    Yes, this legislation (not the same as the bill you originally mentioned as being 'vetoed' by Republicans) provides funding for the FDA to, among other things, provide additional WIC payments for formula but does nothing to increase the supply of formula. I think that's why Republicans found issue with the legislation. But, it still passed the House and if the Senate and President concur, there'll be plenty of government money to buy a decreasing supply of formula. I'm not sure if it applies to the product coming from Europe after the other bill was approved through bipartisan support in both the House and Senate (I believe it's actually 'veto' proof after passing with such huge majorities), I think WIC requirements are pretty specific.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Isn’t it” gerrymandering” when Republicans are in charge of re-drawing the voting district boundaries, but “ re-drawing voting districts” when the Dems do it?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Isn’t it” gerrymandering” when Republicans are in charge of re-drawing the voting district boundaries, but “ re-drawing voting districts” when the Dems do it?
    So it would seem.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    I no longer see much difference between the two parties and thus we remain stymied in all endeavors.
    You could probably say that 60 years ago. Now the differences are stunningly obvious, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Don't you just hate it when Republicans in Wisconsin act like Democrats wherever they may enjoy a legislative majority? Again, damn Republicans!

Yes, this legislation (not the same as the bill you originally mentioned as being 'vetoed' by Republicans) provides funding for the FDA to, among other things, provide additional WIC payments for formula but does nothing to increase the supply of formula. I think that's why Republicans found issue with the legislation. But, it still passed the House and if the Senate and President concur, there'll be plenty of government money to buy a decreasing supply of formula. I'm not sure if it applies to the product coming from Europe after the other bill was approved through bipartisan support in both the House and Senate (I believe it's actually 'veto' proof after passing with such huge majorities), I think WIC requirements are pretty specific.
    Yeah, I agree. Damn Republicans. They are gerrymandering big time. Wish we had the Republican party of old.

Don't you just hate it when Republicans in Wisconsin act like Democrats wherever they may enjoy a legislative majority?
    whenever the enjoy? no, that's not how it works, there is no chance nor will of the voter to it, they have engineered a permanent majority through gerrymandering. But it's just a red state? No, it's not only not historically, but it's not presently, the presidency doesn't always go Republican, nor the governorship, but the legislature is gerrymandered so that even when the majority of people vote for Dems it goes Republican.
    Trees don't grow on money

Yppej
    It shocked me that over half of formula in the US is paid for by WIC. Don't people support their own kids anymore? I struggled but I did it.

I also wonder is there a black market in it like there is with people reselling food stamps?

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    It shocked me that over half of formula in the US is paid for by WIC. Don't people support their own kids anymore? I struggled but I did it.

I also wonder is there a black market in it like there is with people reselling food stamps?
    It shocked me to learn that republicans weren’t actually prolife but were just pro fetus and then eff everyone once they squirt out of the womb. /snark

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    You could probably say that 60 years ago. Now the differences are stunningly obvious, IMO.
    Anyone who says that today is either a Republican or hasn’t been paying attention. I know the whiny brats will get their panties all in a twist when I point this out but only one party has ever tried to overthrow the government in any of our lifetimes and it ain’t the democrats. Call me old fashioned but to me that’s a big effing deal that renders anyone from that party unacceptable for any elected role higher than dog catcher. I might think differently if the attempt to overthrow the government didn’t include the bitch married to one of the lifetime appointed Supreme Court justices but since it did, I do.

Thread Information