Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My house sale

My house sale

This afternoon we set a price with our real estate agent at $410,000 and he conveyed it to our buyer.
    Buyers said sure, we will pay that!

So we may have a deal

So I’ve been listing things like crazy on Facebook marketplace. You know what’s getting tons of interest? The authentic fire hydrant we have sitting in our patio. Everyone wants it.

Wonderful! I'm living vicariously--real estate-wise--through you!
    Apparently, the universe is on your side...

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Wonderful! I'm living vicariously--real estate-wise--through you!
    Apparently, the universe is on your side...
    Well, you know it’s not exactly hard to sell a piece of real estate these days. What makes our property unique at this time is that we are in a highly desirable neighborhood in the city of St. Louis. And we have two extra lots attached to our house, each deeded separately. All the existing empty lots around here have been built up. If anyone wants to buy a lot on which to build a house, they are hard to find, very hard.

My buyers want to build a new structure on my flower garden. That is fine with me! But they’re going to live in our house for a while while they decide what to do exactly in their new structure.

The deal can always go bad, but honestly I think they are the perfect buyers. Our house is as we envision it somewhat dated and it has some oddities, but it’s ready to move in and everything works. They are a little bit older and I they keep repeating they’re not phased by things that need fixing. That is not the typical buyer as a real estate agent points out.

DH Could spend a few months and maybe $10,000 to get an extra hundred thousand dollars added to our house but it ain’t worth it.

That’s great news! Considering the crime I am surprised that someone older wants to buy.

This is the coolest part of this deal with the buyers: our buyer is actually serving on our neighborhood‘s development committee right this moment. He understands the building restrictions in a historic neighborhood. They ride around the neighborhood in their golf cart and enjoy the atmosphere and I think they will be wonderful additions to our neighborhood.

I love old houses as much as you so it’s wonderful that they want it and understand the neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    So I’ve been listing things like crazy on Facebook marketplace. You know what’s getting tons of interest? The authentic fire hydrant we have sitting in our patio. Everyone and their dog, wants it.
    Fixed it for you.

Wish I was at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Fixed it for you.

Wish I was at that point.
    DH is mad at me Because I sold it for $20 and that’s not even scrap value. But if some young guy wants to wrestle it into his truck and resell it and make some money good for him.

Yppej
    Congratulations.

Thread Information