Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: And what are you watching in 2022?

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    we finished All Creatures Great and Small and don't know what to watch next--any suggestions that are similar and uplifting and full of hope for humanity, as opposed to everyone dying?
    Hallmark movies?

naw, kidding.

we have talked about Monarch of the Glen, right? And The Detectorists?

We love Monarch of the Glen and Born and Bred...both very old PBS, don't know if they are findable. Hamish Macbeth is cute. Doc Martin, Shakespeare and Hathaway,

Thank you guys! We worked our way through Monarch of the Glen this summer and loved it. Will search for these others.

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    We love Monarch of the Glen and Born and Bred...both very old PBS, don't know if they are findable. Hamish Macbeth is cute. Doc Martin, Shakespeare and Hathaway,
    yes, I thought of Doc Martin too. And then there are all the costume dramas.

Will check it out--that one I have seen on my list of watchable shows/

We just finished The English on Prime. Beautifully done if a bit confusing at first. We are also working our way through The Wonderful Mrs. Maizel which brings more giggles than I would have expected.

We are on a binge of watching Korean shows on Netflix. Best one so far is Startup. A bunch of smart groups of young people who want help starting a company with their ideas complete for help thru various competitions. Not a reality show but a drama built around this concept. It was well written and I enjoyed all the performances. Even learned a little.

Then we watched Mine. A mystery (over 16 long episodes) of murder in a uber rich Korean family.

Right now we are in the middle of Law School. A complex murder mystery around law school and strange court proceedings in Korea. Would not stick with it but the actors are doing a great job and we have to find out what happens.

In between we caught several various dramas and historical series. Oh, and we did watch Squid Games and I wish I had not. Incredibly violent!!!!!!!

Last winter we watched several very long Chinese historical dramas and enjoyed them a lot. Not so much their modern TV shows.

We love Korean shows, especially the period pieces. I'm finding them a refreshing change from American programing. Loved My Country, Mr Sunshine, The Kings Affection. My husband loves Extraordinary Attorney Woo.

It is amazing what they can do with a wide variety of ages and "looks" of actors and in the shows we have watched there is no sex, nudity, violence (well except for Squid Games), bad language, etc. The shows feel like they are being made for an older audience 25++ than American shows which seem to be 18-24 year olds. And education, careers, getting ahead, being careful with ones reputation is seemingly more important than romance and dating.

Bad characters can do a lot of screaming as in the loudest gets the result. Subtitles help a lot.

Young romantic relationships are very subtle. Love is rarely mentioned.

Yes, there is a lot of unrequited love. Some are very romantic without the two characters ever getting together. Kind of refreshing....

We always laugh when watching an American period piece with gratuitous sex, look at each other and say "See what happened when there was no cable TV!"

Thread Information