Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: And what are you watching in 2022?

All I'm really watching right now is Mariners baseball where it seems (saying this very carefully in hushed tones) they may make it into the post season for the first time in 20 years.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Okay---Once in awhile I might sit-n-watch "Restaurant Nightmares". Like I was saying over on another thread, the episode I just saw was about a Ma-n-Pa pizza place in Doo-Doo Town, where the longtime owner, Pa, has become overconfidentt about the quyality of his food, and believe me---it looked bad. So yeah--he needed help, getting back on track from the chef. It's generally a good show; no violence, light dry humor, and sometimes a happy outcome. Plus, it deals with a subject of interest, as I believe that most restaurant food is NOT yummy. Hope that helps you some.2022-08-26 (5).jpg

bobby, I like "Restaurant Nightmares", too--but I think you are co-mingling two different shows: Kitchen Nightmares with Gordon Ramsey and Restaurant Impossible with Robert Irvine.

I tend to prefer Gordon Ramsey over Robert Irvine. But DH and I love watching both shows. The family-owned restaurants tend to be sadly unable to change with the times and sadly overestimate their own abilities.

The best episode, though is the Amy's Baking Company episode, where the two lunatic owners had no clue. They berated customers and they actually took their servers' tips. I don't know who would ever work for those two. If you watch ONE episode, that's the one to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFfk9QbKhLg
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    bobby, I like "Restaurant Nightmares", too--but I think you are co-mingling two different shows: Kitchen Nightmares with Gordon Ramsey and Restaurant Impossible with Robert Irvine.

I tend to prefer Gordon Ramsey over Robert Irvine. But DH and I love watching both shows. The family-owned restaurants tend to be sadly unable to change with the times and sadly overestimate their own abilities.

The best episode, though is the Amy's Baking Company episode, where the two lunatic owners had no clue. They berated customers and they actually took their servers' tips. I don't know who would ever work for those two. If you watch ONE episode, that's the one to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFfk9QbKhLg
    TYVM. I will check it out. It sounds awesome and amazeen, as they habitually say in I-Wah. Yup.

Thread Information