Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: And what are you watching in 2022?

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Just say Banshees of Inisherin. Very beautiful and compelling. Typical Martin McDonough--so nuanced and yet pointed at the same time.
    I saw it in the theater and was looking forward to it. Liked it very much. Every performance was very very strong. It got the most Golden Globe nominations of any of the films.

The young man who was born in a world against him, he was simple minded, his father beat him and abused him, was such a contrast to the Colin Farrell character who created his own misery.

Brendon Gleason wrote the title song and performed it.

The two feuding friends were an allegory for the Irish civil war, taking place in the background. I suppose they are an allegory for any civil war.

Jenny deserves a film nomination.

All Creatures Great and Small season 3 on pbs. Much anticipated in my small social circle. The greenery is nice to see this time of year and nd the story is heartwarming, if not a little sappy.

I have Passport and can stream them any time, but I think people can steam each episode for free for about a week.

We taped it. I love watching All Creatures an hour at a time. Kind of like the old days when everyone gathered around the tv at the same time to watch something special. However if it gets suspenseful I may need to stream ahead.

Mid Atlantic coast after 30 years in No CA
    We just watched The Menu on HBO Max...perfect for the "foodie" in you or your friends. Amazing acting; very quirky story line.

And last night we watched Pale Blue Eye on Netflix. If you like Edgar Allan Poe and detective movies, this one's for you. Enjoyed it quite a bit. Spooky--as befits Edgar Allen.
    peaceful, easy feeling

We managed to get the first episode of All Creatures last night. Not sure why but I am not complaining, that's for sure.

Is the Helen in this series really short?

A friend gave me a heads up on the hour or so long Detectorists special that is new this year. The first three seasons rate up there with my most favorite TV series ever. Best as I can tell, it's only available on Acorn for now. I will sign up for a trial subscription if it doesn't show up elsewhere.

Okay---Between my book on the 'sassination, I been sit-n-watching a series of viddeos on rehauling an old Cast-iron PowerGlide. Yup. They're VERY(x4444) simple, compared to modern-day units. Sure are. But yeah---abn one still has to be done right. Got a car that needs its' PG replaced. Yup.

DH is totally into old films these days. I don't like them in general. I feel that past is past. There are some very good movies I enjoyed back when I watched them 50 years ago, but very, very few stand the test of time.

But I go along with his evening movie picks, which lately has been:

10 Rillington Place (1971): A decent dramatization of a real-life serial killer, played by Richard Attenborough. You'll recognize Judy Geeson from "To Sir with Love."
    Midnight Cowboy (1969): Frankly, that didn't do a bad job of being timeless, thanks to the performances of Voigt and Hoffman.
    A recent movie: The Trial of the Chicago 7 (2020): I had seen it before, but DH hadn't. Very good even watching it twice.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information