Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: And what are you watching in 2022?

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Yes, they get money for every public sighting. Everything is a deal. Nothing is for free. They are marketing geniuses.
    That's how our meritocracy works!

The monarchy is supposed to be above politics. The Kardashians definitely aren't, they weigh in everywhere.

In theory one doesn't get much from a monarchy, in reality the politics are probably better as you don't have to project king or queen like properties on to your ruler. So they maybe do get something for it. Better politics. I mean I'm not saying Boris Johnson is anything much to be impressed about, but we got Trump, better is relative (Johnson doesn't have quite the same cult of personality thing going on, but they don't need it afterall, they have a queen and the rest). Of course the parliamentary system probably also helps.
    Trees don't grow on money

I binged “The End” recently, a ten episode Australian tv show with Harriet Walther and Frances o’Connor. I love both of them.

It is a comedy, but it is gritty, and it is bray. It has some stark visual images of female physiology running throughout and this includes the actress Walthers’s own nudity,showing her double masectemy.

The overreaching theme of the show is suicide. So yeah, it’s a black comedy. All of the characters have acquaintance with suicide in one way or another.

It is not brilliantly written, but it is nicely acted and the concepts are interesting if a little hackneyed.

This is available on Prime until June 30.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 6-15-22 at 11:33am.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I binged “The End” recently, a ten episode Australian tv show with Harriet Walther and Frances o’Connor. I love both of them.

It is a comedy, but it is gritty and it is bray. It has some stark visual images of female physiology running throughout and this includes the actress Walthers’s own nudity,showing her double masectemy.

The overreaching theme of the show is suicide. So yeah, it’s a black comedy. All of the characters have Internet acquaintance with suicide in one way or another.

It is not brilliantly written, but it is nicely acted and the concepts are interesting if a little hackneyed.

This is available on Prime until June 30.
    I may watch that series, but I will certainly look for an opportunity to use “bray” as an adjective. What a great word.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I may watch that series, but I will certainly look for an opportunity to use “bray” as an adjective. What a great word.
    I don’t even know what it means. This was my Voice translator interjecting its own word. Did I mean to say “GRAY? “Who knows.

You are a wordsmith but please don’t use this for anything because it is nonsensical.

I edited this post, but now I think I need to edit it back to what it was originally. So I will do that. Let “ bray” be our word of the day Even though the television production is pretty good and it does not “Bray “anything in my opinion. Some people will find it rather strong, however.

I'm currently enjoying The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch. What's the secret? It's a mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I don’t even know what it means. This was my Voice translator interjecting its own word. Did I mean to say “GRAY? “Who knows.

You are a wordsmith but please don’t use this for anything because it is nonsensical.

I edited this post, but now I think I need to edit it back to what it was originally. So I will do that. Let “ bray” be our word of the day Even though the television production is pretty good and it does not “Bray “anything in my opinion. Some people will find it rather strong, however.
    Too bad. It seemed like the perfect adjective to describe something loud and obnoxious. “The little crowd outside the judges house was too bray to be taken seriously.”

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I'm currently enjoying The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch. What's the secret? It's a mystery.
    I listened to a podcast about this several years ago. VERY interesting! Might see the movie/documentary, but if it is anything like the podcast, only during the day. LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    I listened to a podcast about this several years ago. VERY interesting! Might see the movie/documentary, but if it is anything like the podcast, only during the day. LOL.
    It's an ongoing series on the History channel. This is the third year. Tuesday nights.
    I find the unexplainable irresistible.
    So far, it hasn't been particularly scary--but what is that 1,6 Ghz signal?

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    It's an ongoing series on the History channel. This is the third year. Tuesday nights.
    I find the unexplainable irresistible.
    So far, it hasn't been particularly scary--but what is that 1,6 Ghz signal?
    That sounds very interesting.

Thread Information