Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: And what are you watching in 2022?

Wentworth.
    it is an .Australian drama set in a women’s prison.

At the same time I’m watching Ricky Gervais’ Netflix special, Re-watching bits of the crown, trying to get into the US version of Love on the spectrum.

We have been on a Monarch of the Glen binge, watching through from start to finish on Roku. The scenery and Scottish lore are very fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    We have been on a Monarch of the Glen binge, watching through from start to finish on Roku. The scenery and Scottish lore are very fun.
    I love this Scottish scenery and the setting of course, and the culture, but it was all a bit to cloying for me.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I love this Scottish scenery and the setting of course, and the culture, but it was all a bit to cloying for me.
    Cloying?

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Cloying?
    A little too cutesy and twee. But I am a hard grader.

We watch or listen to Monarch every day!!! Our WETA-UK has it. We now know what 's going to happen so it is in the background. I find it very calming! We also have Born and Bred and of course Ballykisangel. I've started taping the evening shows, Indian Doctor, Death in Paradise, Shakespeare and Hathaway, Foyles War, Poirot, Upstairs Downstairs ( the new one)...I watch the last two on my own as my husband doesn't like them. They are all a great escape from CNN and MSNBC and glimpses of Fox...and the local news and weather. Listing all these, I see it is no wonder I don't get much done!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    We watch or listen to Monarch every day!!! Our WETA-UK has it. We now know what 's going to happen so it is in the background. I find it very calming! We also have Born and Bred and of course Ballykisangel. I've started taping the evening shows, Indian Doctor, Death in Paradise, Shakespeare and Hathaway, Foyles War, Poirot, Upstairs Downstairs ( the new one)...I watch the last two on my own as my husband doesn't like them. They are all a great escape from CNN and MSNBC and glimpses of Fox...and the local news and weather. Listing all these, I see it is no wonder I don't get much done!!!
    Sounds like a great channel!

I am going to try Monarch for sure. Never heard of it.

DH is on a Manifest binge-watch. I haven't been able to keep up, but I'm catching the drift. It is an interesting premise.

Now that we're all caught up with QEII's Platinum Jubilee, I'm jonesing for the next season of The Crown. I have an affinity for Elizabeth and her reign. She was coronated in 1952, my birth year, so "70" is an important number for both of us this year. She has been in my consciousness for almost my whole life, starting from when I was very young and entranced by my grandmother's copy of LIFE magazine celebrating her coronation. I was so disappointed to learn she didn't dress like that every day. I thought all queens should.

When I was in London in 1972, they celebrated her 20 year reign. She has been such a fixture in my life that when the crown passes to Charles, I'm really going to grieve a little.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I forgot to mention that we are watching “night sky “on Amazon prime. It’s one I’m watching with DH. It has a feel of “Lost. “ Sissy Spacek and JKSimmons are leads.

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    I haven’t been watching the festivities. Late yesterday I learned she bowed out of much of the hoopla today due to health. She probably won’t be with us much longer.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 6-3-22 at 9:06pm.

Thread Information