Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What frugal thing do you do that makes you an "extreme cheapskate"?

jp1 - Thank you. That's the best laugh of the week! It also reflects exactly how I feel about how much they tell you to use.

Too funny, jp. I just squeeze out a minimal amount no matter how big the hole.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

You know those little blue Nivea tins that are about $1.50 each? I refill them! They’re the perfect size for my purse. I get the large tins of Nivea cream to use at home for about $7-8 on Amazon and refill the small ones from that. A kitchen table knife is a good tool to use.

I also apply lotion to my back with a wash cloth tied around an old wooden spoon. The paddles with refillable pads are expensive. My hack works really well. The wash cloth gets washed with my towels. I saw this tip years ago somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    You know those little blue Nivea tins that are about $1.50 each? I refill them! They’re the perfect size for my purse. I get the large tins of Nivea cream to use at home for about $7-8 on Amazon and refill the small ones from that. A kitchen table knife is a good tool to use.

I also apply lotion to my back with a wash cloth tied around an old wooden spoon. The paddles with refillable pads are expensive. My hack works really well. The wash cloth gets washed with my towels. I saw this tip years ago somewhere.
    I apply lotion to my back using a long handled kitchen spatula. It took me a while to develop this method.

I apply lotion to my back using a long handled kitchen spatula
    I've always used a long-handled plastic slipper spoon, turned over to use the convex side. I hate it when my back is itchy and dry!!

Quote Originally Posted by early morning View Post
    I've always used a long-handled plastic slipper spoon, turned over to use the convex side. I hate it when my back is itchy and dry!!
    I also have those cheap wooden back scratchers on every floor in my house(s).

whenever I asked DH to scratch my back, he never puts his nails into it, he just like lightly brushes and it’s like he’s not doing anything at all. Even though I begged him to sink some damn nails into it, he either doesn’t have fingernails to do the job or he won’t do it. I have given up on that resource!

Today I took the paper towel cutting to an extreme. I needed to clean and dry my night mouth guard, needed strips to hold my breakfast burritos together in the microwave and a piece for a napkin when eating said burritos. Instead of using one select a size sheet for each task, as I normally would have I realized that I actually only need 1/16 of a full size sheet to dry the mouth guard and an inch wide strip for each of the two burritos. Another small section as a napkin and I still had half of a whole sheet left. My mistaken purchase of the full size paper towels may be a blessing in disguise now that I have figured out that I can cut them into precisely the size I need with no waste. The only question is whether that will offset SO’s continued usage of a whole towel anytime he needs one.

JP you made me laugh. I have a husband like that...

I can’t even FIND any paper towels around here. I’m pretty sure DH keeps a roll in the basement for his construction work, but I don’t think I have any. I was going to let fried chicken drain on paper towels but… We have none.

Buying generic brands of just about everything. There are some name brand items I prefer to buy but not many.

Thread Information