Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: What frugal thing do you do that makes you an "extreme cheapskate"?

jp1 - Thank you. That's the best laugh of the week! It also reflects exactly how I feel about how much they tell you to use.

Too funny, jp. I just squeeze out a minimal amount no matter how big the hole.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

You know those little blue Nivea tins that are about $1.50 each? I refill them! They’re the perfect size for my purse. I get the large tins of Nivea cream to use at home for about $7-8 on Amazon and refill the small ones from that. A kitchen table knife is a good tool to use.

I also apply lotion to my back with a wash cloth tied around an old wooden spoon. The paddles with refillable pads are expensive. My hack works really well. The wash cloth gets washed with my towels. I saw this tip years ago somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    You know those little blue Nivea tins that are about $1.50 each? I refill them! They’re the perfect size for my purse. I get the large tins of Nivea cream to use at home for about $7-8 on Amazon and refill the small ones from that. A kitchen table knife is a good tool to use.

I also apply lotion to my back with a wash cloth tied around an old wooden spoon. The paddles with refillable pads are expensive. My hack works really well. The wash cloth gets washed with my towels. I saw this tip years ago somewhere.
    I apply lotion to my back using a long handled kitchen spatula. It took me a while to develop this method.

I apply lotion to my back using a long handled kitchen spatula
    I've always used a long-handled plastic slipper spoon, turned over to use the convex side. I hate it when my back is itchy and dry!!

Quote Originally Posted by early morning View Post
    I've always used a long-handled plastic slipper spoon, turned over to use the convex side. I hate it when my back is itchy and dry!!
    I also have those cheap wooden back scratchers on every floor in my house(s).

whenever I asked DH to scratch my back, he never puts his nails into it, he just like lightly brushes and it’s like he’s not doing anything at all. Even though I begged him to sink some damn nails into it, he either doesn’t have fingernails to do the job or he won’t do it. I have given up on that resource!

Thread Information