Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Bad Night for Lies

A Bad Night for Lies

Is how National Review characterized the Georgia primary results. The Republican Governor and Secretary of State won handily despite the Trump forces targeting them for failing to treat the 2020 results as fraudulent. Also, the large turnout should put to rest the claims of Georgia’s modest election reforms as “Jim Crow”. Stacey Abrams may need to get a new schtick.

Abrams has a bunch of other issues teed up and ready to go:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/wel...0be6a3f312fa5f

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Is how National Review characterized the Georgia primary results. The Republican Governor and Secretary of State won handily despite the Trump forces targeting them for failing to treat the 2020 results as fraudulent. Also, the large turnout should put to rest the claims of Georgia’s modest election reforms as “Jim Crow”. Stacey Abrams may need to get a new schtick.
    Did they mention the Pennsylvania governor’s primary from a week earlier in the article? I assume not since that would go against their chosen narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Did they mention the Pennsylvania governor’s primary from a week earlier in the article? I assume not since that would go against their chosen narrative.
    That was referred to as a self-inflicted wound, with which I must sadly agree.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    That was referred to as a self-inflicted wound, with which I must sadly agree.
    Let’s hope it’s a fatal wound.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Let’s hope it’s a fatal wound.
    It does have the potential to be a dark spot in a very cheerful night come November.

This thread title made me laugh...

When is a good night for lies?

Christmas eve?
    When you spouse asks you what your mad about/weight issues, etc. etc.?

To be fair, LDAHL desperately wants to believe that the political party he identifies with hasn't been overtaken by a bunch of thugs who are cool with tossing the government out on its ass if that means they can remain in power. I don't blame him. If anyone who identified as a democrat had done what a shocking number of republicans did after the 2020 election I would be moritified. And if it was democrats who were still at it today, a year and a half later, it would be an existential crisis for me because I wouldn't have a clue how to fix things and get rid of the shitbags destroying my party. Acknowledging reality and going full in with supporting the patriots in the other party would be a really tough one for me. So I don't blame LDAHL for being as hesitant.

Damaged as it is, I don’t think the GOP is irreparable as an instrument of the conservative cause. If the Democrats can get past slavery and (the real) Jim Crow, certainly we can get past Trump without an “existential crisis”.

I’m happy to let the voters judge the party in power by the quality of governance it has been providing. I think they are capable of seeing past the ideological smoke and mirrors to see who is failing in office.

How long until Donald Trump dies? He does seem to be a single phenomena. Unfortunately The Donald does not drink or smoke.

Thread Information