Thread: when the grocery overcharges you??

when the grocery overcharges you??

DH went to our tiny Safeway yesterday to buy some sale things with the coupons I loaded from their app. When he checked out, full price was charged. He complained and they rang up some sort of credit that made no sense at all. Anyway, after looking at the two receipts, they ended up overcharging us by almost ten dollars. The weird credit they did never showed up on our bank account. This is about the third time we have been overcharged at this store so apparently they have issues and we won't go there anymore. So...does one go back to the store investing gas and time for ten dollars??

Yppej
    Go back when you are in the area anyways for something else.

Depends on how far but I would write it up with all the math and take it back with your write up in hand. $10 is worth it. Also send a contact to the corporate office and maybe Facebook post on the issue. They are messed up. Or if too far, create a pdf and send the documentation to the corporate office. Explain the cost of a return visit and request a refund.

Can you tell I really expect accuracy. Was an accountant. I even take photos of signs if they seem too good to be true and expect them to stand behind the signage.

Social media or a local consumer reporter from the news, would probably get their attention pre gas usage.

I have had this happen a few times. Each time I called the store and wrote down who I talked with. They told me to bring in the receipt the next time I was in the store and the cash would be refunded. No problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Social media or a local consumer reporter from the news, would probably get their attention pre gas usage.
    This is overkill. Give them an opportunity to correct their mistake.

I would start with yppej’s suggestion and then move on to Toomuchstuff’s if they do t make it right. They (presumably) acted in good faith the first time but failed. If they still don’t on the second try then it deserves to be called out.

I went back. The two managers scratched their heads at the weird receipt amounts and gave me my $10 back. I note that there is a lot of general incompetency out there these days.

Thread Information