Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: June Frugals

Yppej

June Frugals

Involuntary frugal - I start my staycation today. My local brother who I was going to do things with is sick. This will save me some gas picking him up and dropping him off. He does not drive. I would have rather spent the money and had the company, but it is what it is.

Out of town germaphobe brother and SIL are postponing their trip.

DB got sick after overdoing it in the yard on a hot, humid day. May be sunstroke, or he thinks chronic Lyme recurring. I doubt it is contagious and I will still go see him and my parents. I am not a germaphobe.

Best laid plans...

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Involuntary frugal - I start my staycation today. My local brother who I was going to do things with is sick. This will save me some gas picking him up and dropping him off. He does not drive. I would have rather spent the money and had the company, but it is what it is.

Out of town germaphobe brother and SIL are postponing their trip.

DB got sick after overdoing it in the yard on a hot, humid day. May be sunstroke, or he thinks chronic Lyme recurring. I doubt it is contagious and I will still go see him and my parents. I am not a germaphobe.

Best laid plans...
    Sorry that happened, that sounded fun. The whole staycation idea sounds intriguing.

Just planted some cherry tomato seeds that are 3rd generation from a plant I bought back in Traverse City on a table in someone's front yard for a quarter, labeled Mexican Heirloom Tomatoes.

Now that is value!! Like investing, only way, way better.

Jeppy: I hope your brother feels better and that you are able to enjoy your time off.
    Tybee: That is an amazing value!
    I do have a small frugal. The apron I wear for pottery class is one I snagged from Mom's during a decluttering session, so that saved me a few dollars.

Yppej
    I could not find bottled unsweetened green tea so I got tea bags which are much cheaper, and I plan to stick with them going forward.

Nice, jeppy! I don't like to spend money on bottled tea either! we drink a LOT of tea, it's our beverage of choice, after coffee! I don't like green tea but I make several quarts of really really strong black tea at a time, and keep it in the fridge. Our 2nd kid likes sweet tea so for them, I just pour the hot tea concentrate over sugar into a quart jar to make a sweet-tea syrup. for either, pour a little of the tea concentrate in a glass or bottle, add cold water, and we're good to go.

Yppej
    Interesting early morning. I wonder if stevia would work the same way.

Bought tickets to an event I now cannot attend due to a scheduling conflict. No refunds, though tickets are transferable. Friend wanted to go but current cost is out of his budget, he paid me what I paid for it and I transferred it to him.

Put the money in the travel fund for future epic vacation.

Yppej
    AARP sent me renewal cards but I don't think I will renew. Since I do not use data on my phone I break even on the membership fees given my Consumer Cellular account, no net savings. I am tired of the spam and I also disagree with some of the views on covid they espouse in their magazine, which isn't very interesting reading in general.

nothing major - hung laundry (finally, a day without rain!!). Found a pair of shoes to replace my recently discarded canvas shoes I wore as slippers, for $10 at Aldi. I generally get 4-5 yrs out of a pair, and wear them outside a fair bit, so can't complain. So I've ended my 30 month no-new-clothes stint - I've bought the shoes, a reunion tee shirt, and four nice tops from a yard sale ($2 each, like new!). I could really use a couple more pair of knit shorts or thin slacks, but I'm not going looking - if they fall my way, I may bite, but otherwise, I'm good - but as far as clothing replacements, I count these as fairly frugal.

Thread Information