Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: June Daily To-Do's/Notable Accomplishments

Congrats on getting the blueberries covered before the birds got them all!!

Today has been good. Crossed several things off the to-do list: went through socks, putting some away and ditching some; planted more radishes, carrots, and lettuce; made definitive plans for several days away visiting a friend (this will probably be my "official" summer vacation.).
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Again, another good morning of getting through some to-do's! I aired out and then re-rolled and put away the sleeping bags from the camping trip a couple weeks back. Also managed to rack the dried grass from the back yard, as no one else in the house seemed to notice/care. Managed to pull a few weeds along the way. Made a loaf of quick bread.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Good work happy stuff. I did get 2 gladiolus beds staked and fenced. Husband helped!

I like all the gardening/outside to-do's being accomplished and posted. They are very motivating for me, as I tend to concentrate more on inside stuff between waking and work. I know there is a lot to do outside as well, but have a hard time just walking out the door.

Anyway, somewhat gardening related, I finally got the cucumber seeds starting inside, along with the squash we had so much success with last year. Hoping to be proactive and get them trained on some HUGE tomato cages instead of having vines roaming around half the yard. Also have dinner made for the others tonight and am starting on seeing if I can make some napkins out of pieces of t-shirt. (Don't want to just throw them away, but tired of having them sit here and need new cloth napkins - fingers crossed - LOL)

Last day of school was yesterday, Friday. One the teachers gave me two plants her students had grown (she didn't want to take them home. LOL) So, today I have a very nice looking lima bean plant and several radish starts all planted. Neighbor made me three very interesting plant containers (lima bean plant is in one of them). Nice getting a few little things done outside so far today.

Today (or yesterday, technically speaking) I finally got the big upright freezer defrosted, cleaned, repacked - and DH replaced the seal with the one we bought two years ago. It's all nice and cold again... hoping the new seal is much better than the old one!! I hate defrosting freezers. I can't think what possessed us to not buy a frost-free when we got this one!

That's a big job to have gotten accomplished, early. Congrats!

thanks, happy - it really was a PIA, and I am so relieved it's done. I'm intrigued by the "interesting" description of your neighbor-made containers. . .

Quote Originally Posted by early morning View Post
    thanks, happy - it really was a PIA, and I am so relieved it's done. I'm intrigued by the "interesting" description of your neighbor-made containers. . .
    Here's a picture. It is two 5 gallon buckets with various holes, etc. I watched my neighbor make three for me. The cucumber seeds I started in the house are about ready to plant and I'm going to try them in two of these containers.

DSC03061.jpg

nice - thank you for the pics! Is the piece of pipe for slow watering?

Thread Information