Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: June Daily To-Do's/Notable Accomplishments

June Daily To-Do's/Notable Accomplishments

Starting the first day of the new month off in a decent manner. So far this morning, I got the permit for the town-wide yard sale, ordered more Covid tests, found the *missing* fans that nobody else seemed to be able to find (LOL) and have high hopes of finishing up the 2nd baby outfit I'm making. Want to get it done so I can concentrate on prepping for the yard sale.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Dh and I got haircuts, something I really hate don't like to do but I do like short hair! DD, Dsis and I took a carload of items to one of our antique booth sites, freshened up our spaces and picked up several checks. Hit a few sales on the way. I try to go to each site at least once a month but sometimes it just does not happen!

Never made it to the to-do list but got outside, on a ladder (with help of kid), and cleaned out the back gutter that runs the length of the new patio. It was a mess and constantly over-flowing with all the rain we've been getting. So, it's done!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Oh Happy stuff...I hate having to have my husband do the gutters...We need a new plan. Maple helicopters are the main culprit . I am weeding and edging....My plan is to do some EVERY DAY!

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    Oh Happy stuff...I hate having to have my husband do the gutters...We need a new plan. Maple helicopters are the main culprit . I am weeding and edging....My plan is to do some EVERY DAY!
    That is what I mainly cleaned out - those darn helicopters!! and lots of sediment. I think it had been a while, but I'm glad to have it done.

I got the blueberry patch weeded! I've sprayed the roses! And now a pumpkin bread is baking. I'm feeling virtuous. We still need to put the nets over the blueberries...hoping to finish it today. then maybe the grocery store.

I have never picked blueberries. It is on my "to do" list for this year. Also, want to try Paw Paw.

Sis and I worked at Mom's house today. We deviated from our decluttering agenda to instead replace the large, ugly, water-stained paper shades on her living room bay window with some decent Levolor shades. It looks so much better! I used my carpentry skills to drill holes and screw in screws, lol.
    We have a couple more large windows to do on the first floor during our next session, and then the window treatments will be done. We're not doing anything fancy, just replacing what was horrible with something that is simple and neat looking.

Kudos to you and your sis, rr. So much effort you are putting in to help your mom!

RR, Bravo for using those carpentry skills!!! How nice that it is making such a difference. We did get the blueberry nets placed, the first one took 40 minutes as we tried a new way that didn't work well! The second one took 10 minutes...so now to remember how we did it so the whole job can be done quickly.

Thread Information