Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: June Purge

June Purge

Magazines & catalogs! DW's Talbots, Lands end, Macy's, etc. Plus we only subscribe to one monthly magazine, but it tends to pile up on the end table in the living room.
    Old Mail - i.e., Christmas cards, birthday cards, wedding announcements, etc that also tends to pile up. It's supposed to be a rainy weekend, so hopefully I can tackle the hall closets.

Good start Gregg. I often think if I didn't read or write my house would be a lot tidier.

I need to do the same with the huge pile of magazines on our coffee table. Problem is, they aren't mine and I also haven't read a lot of them yet. LOL
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    Purse that was wearing out.

Had our town-wide yard sale today. While I didn't make a whole lot of money, I managed to get rid of about 1/3+ of what I took out to sell. The remnants will be picked up in about 2.5 weeks by donation.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Happy: I think that's still pretty good if you made at least something and got rid of some stuff. Didn't you say before that the town yard sale also had kind of a fun social aspect to it?

Yppej
    A yard waste barrel that is splitting open. I am down to 5 barrels now but I've slowed down on yardwork as I've gotten older and heavier so I won't replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Happy: I think that's still pretty good if you made at least something and got rid of some stuff. Didn't you say before that the town yard sale also had kind of a fun social aspect to it?
    Yes! Some of my siblings showed up to participate so, once things were all set up, we just visited, talked and generally had fun. It was a nice day.

Yppej
    Paid the company doing the furnace cleaning to haul away my old water heater. I could have paid the city to take it as bulk pickup for less, but if an inspector saw it on the curb it could have raised questions. The guy who had installed the new one is a plumber, but semi-retired and let his license lapse.

Happy, making some money and getting rid of stuff is definitely a win!!

Thread Information