Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: June Purge

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    The black plastic pots are a problem indeed. Missouri Botanical Gardens used to take them and do what with them, I don’t know. But they’re no longer doing that and so conscientious gardeners are lamenting the fact that they no longer have a place to take the black plastic pots.

I didn’t know that Bluestone used recyclable material.
    IL: This explains about their pots: https://www.bluestoneperennials.com/cocopot.html

Yppej
    Removed and discarded the thick, crooked bases of my cacti. I read that you can cut off the tops, let the cut dry, then replant them. I am going to try this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Removed and discarded the thick, crooked bases of my cacti. I read that you can cut off the tops, let the cut dry, then replant them. I am going to try this.
    DH has a very tall, ungainly cacti that has lived here for 32 years and pre-dates me because it lived with DH before I entered the picture. It grows in a 3” pot and is 42” in height. I do not see how it will survive our move.
    He is going to cut it …perhaps…and try to root it.

See this thing?

D61EF06B-AEC8-4808-9284-27D1525EA308.jpg
    Last edited by iris lilies; 6-20-22 at 9:08am.

Yppej
    It looks very spindly IL.

We are getting ready to have our second garage sale of the season this weekend. We did an abbreviated one Memorial weekend, but the rain dampened the buz. The second one is more to support a couple of neighbors who have lost spouses recently and are going through things and downsizing. It is a hard thing to do and easier with the support of others. They were tentative with the first one but now feeling better about it and are ready for round two. We will finally be going into summer weather in a big jump this week so I'm really looking forward to the crowds we are used to. We'll put our feet up and have a big BBQ in celebration on the last day.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    We are getting ready to have our second garage sale of the season this weekend. We did an abbreviated one Memorial weekend, but the rain dampened the buz. The second one is more to support a couple of neighbors who have lost spouses recently and are going through things and downsizing. It is a hard thing to do and easier with the support of others. They were tentative with the first one but now feeling better about it and are ready for round two. We will finally be going into summer weather in a big jump this week so I'm really looking forward to the crowds we are used to. We'll put our feet up and have a big BBQ in celebration on the last day.
    Good luck! I hope all goes well.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    Two cardigans have worn out. One is now in my yardwork clothing section and one I threw out.

Put two more shirts that I really like in the garage sale pile. alas, they are now too big.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by beckyliz View Post
    Put two more shirts that I really like in the garage sale pile. alas, they are now too big.
    I wish I had that problem... Good for you!

Scrappers picked up the pile of metal stuff we put by the curb. All gone and into the recycling stream rather than the waste stream!

Thread Information