Thread: Things changing at work (due to inflation)

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Things changing at work (due to inflation)

Work is going OK - there is no real drama to report. But my seemingly unlimited OT is being cut way back - the store is actually not doing as well now as so many.people are cutting back. Less expensive meals, less buying of name brands, less frivolous spending.

My job seems as stable as anything can be these days - but I can't count on all that juicy OT anymore. Good thing I saved almost everything I could other than for my trips to the border to stock up on clothes/shoes/bedding dirt cheap at the Nogales Goodwill Outlet.

I have a feeling this cutting back on OT is affecting lots more people than just me.

Rob

When we were young and got OT we always saved it because you never knew what was coming.

Yppej
    One gas station in Mass is refusing to sell gas anymore because it's so outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    One gas station in Mass is refusing to sell gas anymore because it's so outrageous.
    I love the jalapeño bagels that they sell at Safeway. Not super spicy but just enough zing to get my day going.

Yppej
    https://www.boston.com/news/local-ne...-selling-fuel/

Story on gas station owner refusing to sell gas.

We just got an email at work that we'll be paid the new IRS mileage rate going into effect 7/1/22. It's 62.5 cents a mile - up from 58.5 cents a mile.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I love the jalapeño bagels that they sell at Safeway. Not super spicy but just enough zing to get my day going.
    Enquiring minds want to know....
    How did you get the Spanish punctuation over the "n" in jalapeno on a US keyboard?

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Enquiring minds want to know....
    How did you get the Spanish punctuation over the "n" in jalapeno on a US keyboard?

Rob
    https://www.lifewire.com/typing-char...-marks-1074113

There are other of these that are useful. The one I most use (and still have to look up because it is infrequent) is the degree symbol.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    https://www.lifewire.com/typing-char...-marks-1074113

There are other of these that are useful. The one I most use (and still have to look up because it is infrequent) is the degree symbol.
    The article is correct. And the same applies if one wants to price something in € or other currencies (by holding down the dollar sign) or wants to change an en dash - to an em dash — etc. In my case however, autocorrect must have made the change because my use of a tilde was entirely accidental.

Thread Information