Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Homestead 2022

CL - always good to see your posts. You have a lot on your plate! very inspiring.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Oregano dried down to two pints, one a little fuller than the other, but both to the neck or over. I’ll jar up the tea tomorrow - it won’t be much yet.

the onions I picked and half the garlic are racked to cure. The other garlic us laying on a wire shelf in the curing room in the basement.

made a wheel of mozzarella this afternoon and baked and froze some more winter squash - almost to the last of it.

Not quite done planting the tomatoes and still need to get more winter squash in. Plus a few odds and ends.

6 eggs from the poor hens who are suffering in the heat and seem to be molting early this year.

salad featuring garden greens and hard boiled eggs this evening for dinner. (Plus a few store nuts and raisins and oil and vinegar)
    What have you done today to make the world a better place?

Well, that was two weeks that made it very clear to me that I can work in the city, or I can work on the farm, but not both.

I kept up with the feeding and watering, eggs, milking, and picking beans and I didn’t loose too much lettuce and spinach to bolting (and the chickens are happy to eat the bolted greens.) but it was all treading water!

today I picked beans again, cleaned my kitchen, and got half of the two week bean net (some got given away) into the dehydrator as ”cowboy candy” I cut camomile to dry again - an accidental experiment showed me I only need the dehydrator for the last little bit, so I’m stocking up on “mostly dry” stored in paper and will give it all a finishing touch before I jar it.

watered some things because we haven’t had rain, and pulled a few more onions. Also picked my first summer squashes.

back at it tomorrow.
    What have you done today to make the world a better place?

Thread Information