Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Roe vs. Wade.....

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    For the same reason that surrounding and trying to stop a presidential candidate’s bus in the middle of a freeway for purposes of instilling fear of violence is now considered an acceptable thing to do among a majority of republicans. At least it is if it’s republicans doing the intimidation.
    I believe I related my experience last year or so, when our local BLM protestors surrounded my vehicle, aggressively approached it, and would not let me proceed. They were doing this to pretty much every vehicle trying to progress through the main intersection in our village. In their discussions afterwards, they freely admitted that they wanted us "to feel the same kind of fear that others do"... They are lucky that ended well for them.

I don't care what political persuasion someone is, once they start engaging in terrorism, unlawful detainment, kidnapping, and what-have-you, well....play stupid games, you may win stupid prizes.

I agree. Wrong is wrong regardless of who is involved.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    For the same reason that surrounding and trying to stop a presidential candidate’s bus in the middle of a freeway for purposes of instilling fear of violence is now considered an acceptable thing to do among a majority of republicans. At least it is if it’s republicans doing the intimidation.
    Good point! Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Much wiser to focus on this possibility of a split and how can one best prepare for it. Instead of how it looks I'd rather focus on surviving it. Blame it on the Austrian in me. Rob
    They had some idea of how it was going to look as they set up a government, leader, etc.
    Much wiser to think about it, then like another friend of mine who has no filter, and spews thoughts opposite of your views.....

The bolded, is where both of you would be coming from. He mentioned those he talks to, are extremely liberal and most are unarmed and think that others shouldn't have guns. Well, Austria, Germany etc. did the disarming and I don't think it would go well here.
    Let alone a bunch of unarmed people trying to march and take peoples property to make it their state (this is what he was talking about while quoting Missouri's Castle law and how it won't end well for those trying to deprive him of life, his liberty and property).

I had dinner with my heartdaughter last night. She and her wife are working on back up paperwork in case the Supreme Court invalidates their marriage.
    What have you done today to make the world a better place?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    I had dinner with my heartdaughter last night. She and her wife are working on back up paperwork in case the Supreme Court invalidates their marriage.
    I cannot imagine how terrible that must feel, to know that your marriage can just be made null and void. I hope their backup plans turn out to be unnecessary.

I can imagine, honestly, as I have been imagining my 5 and 7 year old granddaughters being forced to carry babies against their will. We have returned to some very dark times for women, so I imagine that gay folks may be their next targets. Unfortunately, I can imagine what pain may be in store for my friends.

Yppej
    I keep hearing "Papa Don't Preach" on the radio now - "I'm keeping my baby".

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I can imagine, honestly, as I have been imagining my 5 and 7 year old granddaughters being forced to carry babies against their will. We have returned to some very dark times for women, so I imagine that gay folks may be their next targets. Unfortunately, I can imagine what pain may be in store for my friends.
    I will have to flee if my marriage is null and void. That is too deep of an insult in a country in which human life is not worth socialized medicine. America would not be worthy of my presence as a human being in that case. BUT perhaps there's some good here - maybe some lucky folks can get out of the US permanently if their marriages are nulled and voided - what would be the point in staying in the US then anyway? I would not be surprised if some better countries gave refuge to these folks that America would brutally outcast without a second thought. I recommend Uruguay.

Exciting times in a strange, ironic sense - some will permanently get out and acquire better citizenship. I try to remember that as I go about my day and maintain PC at work.

Rob

And another upside - more people are learning the truth of the United States on a daily basis now. It's about time - but better late than never. Rob

Thread Information