Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Roe vs. Wade.....

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Nonsense? I beg to differ. The Phoenix PD has a long history of assaulting and harassing and illegally arresting peaceful protestors, one of the main reasons they are being investigated by the DOJ. Don't believe me - Google is your friend here.

And should the Phoenix PD break the law once again or many times again tonight, is it not our duty to cash in on the sociopathic law breaking for top dollar? To not do so would be Unpatriotic to an extreme in today's United States.

Btw......... I really respect you for being willing to protest this latest rights strip by the United States.

Rob
    Your response… keep fingers crossed for juicy lawsuits… comes across as looking for trouble which I find reprehensible. You are projecting violence, in effect, looking for it IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I'll let youall know how the protest goes. Taking some Monsters and some salad in a cooler bag. Been awhile since I've protested. I've missed it. I really have.

Cross your fingers for juicy lawsuits against the Phoenix PD when they break the law repeatedly tonight.

Rob
    I saw a video this morning of the Phoenix police illegally using teargas to disperse a mostly peaceful crowd trying to break down the doors of the Senate office building last night while staffers and Senators huddled in fear inside. Was that you?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I saw a video this morning of the Phoenix police illegally using teargas to disperse a mostly peaceful crowd trying to break down the doors of the Senate office building last night while staffers and Senators huddled in fear inside. Was that you?
    Tear gas was used but SO and I and a few neighbors were not in the vicinity. Thankfully. We are about peaceful protest - not harassing staffers/employees at the Stare Capitol Building.

Something else I can say - the energy was different at this protest ' there was viciousness in the air but that I don't blame the protestors for - I of course appropriately blame the United States for that. What I will blame the protestors for is the lack of community at the protest.

At any rate, things did get ugly but we left before that unfolded and we had no interaction with the Phoenix PD Thank God. Such was not of our seeking - and my statement regarding litigation only covered peaceful protestors as myself and those with me. At least we went, though. and I don't have to feel guilty for non-participation. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Your response… keep fingers crossed for juicy lawsuits… comes across as looking for trouble which I find reprehensible. You are projecting violence, in effect, looking for it IMO.
    I wasn't looking for trouble. The Phienix PD - on video even - once again, has a long history of illegal acts upon peaceful protestors. Under these conditions, if you don't cash in against these sociopaths, you really are just as guilty as they are and I refuse to live with this - I'd have to sue so that I could retain my dignity and self respect against the evil Phoenix PD.

That all said, the protest became less than peaceful and my words above no longer apply unless obvious excessive force is used. Some will debate the teargas but as soon as things started getting ugly, those protesting within the confines of the law left or at least backed way away from what was unfolding.

My family is proud of me for going and that makes my day after I read the email from Vienna. Not that their opinion.matters here - but it's still nice anyway.

Rob

Rob - thanks for going and simply being present - it was more than I did, so kudos to you both. Glad you and SO remained safe.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Rob hasn't commented on the Supreme Court’s ruling about Miranda rights and how the new ruling reduces or removes ability to go after cops for failing to properly Mirandaize an interaction. I would expect his head to blow off about this one.

I watched video clips of the Phoenix protesters who were banging on windows of the state capital, but they did seem to disperse when police in riot gear showed up. That is a good thing. Peaceful protesting—yes!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Rob hasn't commented on the Supreme Court’s ruling about Miranda rights and how the new ruling reduces or removes ability to go after cops for failing to properly Mirandaize an interaction. I would expect his head to blow off about this one.

I watched video clips of the Phoenix protesters who were banging on windows of the state capital, but they did seem to disperse when police in riot gear showed up. That is a good thing. Peaceful protesting—yes!
    I'm aware of the Miranda Rights ruling, IL. The only nice thing I can say? Yet more pressure upon the US to split up - at this point I believe splitting is the only real hope for this country, though knowing this country and it's majority ways if thinking as I do - I believe such will be violent. Bags packed and a plan out - especially as yet more rights are brutally stripped from us.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Rob - thanks for going and simply being present - it was more than I did, so kudos to you both. Glad you and SO remained safe.
    Thank You. Happy stuff. Rob

yea. Though my bf reminded me noone cares what some protestors in California think anyway. Maybe true. It's hard to be politically disenfranchised all the time and never have any influence on anything. But yea we're not really in aggregate at least (not enough Republicans to win elections) the Republicans party's potential constituents. It is this and much worse to come.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    yea. Though my bf reminded me noone cares what some protestors in California think anyway. Maybe true. It's hard to be politically disenfranchised all the time and never have any influence on anything. But yea we're not really in aggregate at least (not enough Republicans to win elections) the Republicans party's potential constituents. It is this and much worse to come.
    It may well be true that protestors don't sway the minds of any the people who support whatever is being protested. In fact it's probably likely. But just as funerals are for the living maybe protests are for the protestors. If a protest helps people not give up in despair that our country is being destroyed by radical extremists and instead helps motivate them to volunteer for political campaigns, do phone banking and text banking, go door to door talking to voters, etc, then the protest was worth it.

Thread Information