Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Thread: Roe vs. Wade.....

I am for abortions for any reason up to 16 weeks and then after that because of danger to mother, medical conditions incompatible with life, birth defects, mother too young to safely have baby, etc. I know most late term abortions are done for medical reasons but I suppose you could have the occasional nut job that might wait too long to terminate and then want to and to that I say tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I am for abortions for any reason up to 16 weeks and then after that because of danger to mother, medical conditions incompatible with life, birth defects, mother too young to safely have baby, etc. I know most late term abortions are done for medical reasons but I suppose you could have the occasional nut job that might wait too long to terminate and then want to and to that I say tough.
    I think this is reasonable for a blanket U.S. law.. Roe V Wade Supreme court decision was more generous though, allowing unrestricted abortion up to 24 weeks.

Your average 16 week old clump of cells is quite a bit more developed at 24 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I personally have no problem with abortion at any stage in the pregnancy, heck, even afterwards (a la TooMuchStuff's comical video on late stage abortion up to age 22). I don't like babies; I think they are creepy little parasites even after birth, but I know that's not a popular stance. I certainly have no expectation for anyone to set policy that would be perfectly aligned with my personal preferences. So to answer IL's question, I would be quite satisfied with a national law that was something along the lines of abortion being allowed without restriction up to 18 weeks (or 12, or 16, or whatever timeframe, as long as it is far enough out that one would expect a woman to know she is pregnant and take action if desired). Beyond that line in the sand, there would need to be a determination of medical necessity made by the woman's physician or medical team.
    This also seems reasonable to me.

I agree that enough time has to elapse allowing abortion where is someone understands she is pregnant. That can be easier said than done. I also say in today’s modern world it is whole lot easier to know immediately you’re pregnant than is past times with the pregnancy detection kits that can be purchased over-the-counter at a pharmacy. They may not be not 100% accurate, but they are good indication. I find nothing wrong with expecting women who do not want to be pregnant to carefully monitor their status.

Morning after pill, long term birth control—-better tools than when I was young.

I'd just give women more time, 4 or 5 months. i don't particularly think monitoring things all the time is very reasonable at all (noone who trusts their birth control or double birth control or sterilization is going to), but it will be obvious enough in time regardless.
    Trees don't grow on money

Seems to me though that to wade is more kid-friendly, than to row.
    . See? Hope these photos say 1,000 words. Thankk Mee. 2022-07-22 (9).jpg2022-07-22 (10).jpg

This ad sums it up pretty well.

https://youtu.be/faTNMTVsgAA

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    This ad sums it up pretty well.

https://youtu.be/faTNMTVsgAA
    Hilariously horrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Hilariously horrifying.
    Mother Against Greg Abbot looks like a force to be reckoned with.

Abbott may be too busy ending rape to focus on medical issues. "Let's make something very clear: Rape is a crime," Abbott said. "And Texas will work tirelessly to make sure that we eliminate all rapists from the streets of Texas by aggressively going out and arresting them and prosecuting them and getting them off the streets."

He's a combination of Republican cruelty and gross incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Mother Against Greg Abbot looks like a force to be reckoned with.

Abbott may be too busy ending rape to focus on medical issues. "Let's make something very clear: Rape is a crime," Abbott said. "And Texas will work tirelessly to make sure that we eliminate all rapists from the streets of Texas by aggressively going out and arresting them and prosecuting them and getting them off the streets."

He's a combination of Republican cruelty and gross incompetence.
    Threats to prosecute rapists is cruel and incompetent?

Gosh, if only we could see a titch of that cruelty and incompetence in our own city prosecutor in St. Louis.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Threats to prosecute rapists is cruel and incompetent?

Gosh, if only we could see a titch of that cruelty and incompetence in our own city prosecutor in St. Louis.
    It's just stupid; he's not going to eliminate rape, and he knows it. If he thinks that's remotely possible, he's a fool. The cruelty comes in when a victim of rape can't abort the product of said rape, and Abbott and his ilk just shrug their shoulders.

Thread Information