Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Roe vs. Wade.....

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I just realized that if it's that easy to turn you into a states rights person, your suggestion may have some merit. We'd just have to figure out how your three judge panel would be different than our existing Supreme Court.
    We'd have a much tougher vetting process-maybe with lie detectors and a dunk tank.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    I am not surprised at all. Our 15 week abortion ban goes into place July 1. Last year there were 80,000 abortions here in Florida. There are 19,000 kids already in foster care and not enough homes so some are in orphanage like care.

16% of adults here have no health insurance as we have no expanded Medicare for the working poor. So more women with no insurance will get no prenatal care and end up birthing unwanted and unloved babies. Who cares if they have no access to medical care.

so people who are overjoyed should seriously consider what we are going to do with these kids.

I am not necessarily pro abortion however people are going to have sex as we were designed to do during our reproductive years. Anyone who preaches abstinence should talk to Sarah Palin. It sure worked for her family.

I asked a very religious acquaintance of mine and she told me nobody wants black babies but the white ones have lots of people who would adopt.

I think we are in quite a pickle here with so many children poor, homeless, hungry, abused and neglected already. But no worries. They are praying and thinking about them. Thoughts and prayers ought to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post

As your comment about the Loving decision, why do you think Justice Thomas is not aware of this? Point to a source on the Internet please.
    He ‘helpfully’ provided a laundry list of the ‘rights’ he thinks should be done away with but failed to include the loving decision in that list.

Anyone who isn’t a white cis het male, like all the founders were, is at risk of finding themselves being stripped of rights by these extremists on the court who have no respect for precedent.

I wonder how many of these "pro-lifers" (sic) who are characterizing pregnant women as "murderers" and "baby killers" for making a very personal decision to manage their own lives have done anything to prevent war. Do they wring their hands and clutch their pearls over the deaths of thousands of very real young men and women with fully-functioning brains? Very few seem to. But boy howdy are they ready to interfere with and condemn often desperate women who choose to have their embryos/fetuses (which in no sane definition are "babies") removed. Pro life my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I wonder how many of these "pro-lifers" (sic) who are characterizing pregnant women as "murderers" and "baby killers" for making a very personal decision to manage their own lives have done anything to prevent war. Do they wring their hands and clutch their pearls over the deaths of thousands of very real young men and women with fully-functioning brains? Very few seem to. But boy howdy are they ready to interfere with and condemn often desperate women who choose to have their embryos/fetuses (which in no sane definition are "babies") removed. Pro life my ass.
    There are many contradictions in the "sanctity of life" argument. War, the death penalty, the cruel exploitation of laborers, animals and natural resources. If they put everyone in jail who dishonored life, freedom would exist for very, very few.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    The Pope put out a statement basically saying you can’t be pro life if you allow the death penalty and guns everywhere

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/vatic...43c865b117/amp

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    There are many contradictions in the "sanctity of life" argument. War, the death penalty, the cruel exploitation of laborers, animals and natural resources. If they put everyone in jail who dishonored life, freedom would exist for very, very few.
    Not to mention today's right wing is united in its refusal to support a whole range of issues--child care, immigration, affordable health care, regulation of assault-type weapons, environmental regulations, etc. that could have a profoundly positive effect on people's lives.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I think it is “ sane” to consider the life of the “embryos/fetus” in the abortion equation and it seems not-sane to me to do otherwise.

I’ve been skimming Jewish writers who are writing about the Roe v. Wade overturn in the context of Jewish theology. Not surprisingly, the liberal side says Jewish theology considers human life to start at the first breath out of the womb. Not so liberal Jewish thinkers say otherwise.

Maybe now we can get a male birth control pill. Paying for an abortion was an easy way out vs paying 18 years of child support, more if the kid goes to college.

Of course anyone considering abortion realizes a potential human life is involved; what isn't sane, IMO, is declaring an embryo is equivalent to an infant. Or interfering in what is clearly a private, personal decision.

Apparently, white supremacists are over the moon about this, as 60% of abortions are performed on white women. Next up, an assault on contraceptives.

Thread Information