Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Roe vs. Wade.....

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    So are you going to start asking the pro-choice women on this forum questions like ‘I suspect that you are of an age to have gone through menopause so the abortion issue won’t affect you directly. Am I mistaken?’
    No, it was just an on topic question regarding a subject that you initiated. None of my business though so, nevermind.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Johnson is trump's errand boy. How anyone could vote for scum like him is beyond me.
    The people that will still vote for him simply don’t care that he was an active participant in the attempted coup. I mean, really, why should they care that RoJo’s office received the fraudulent slate of fake Wisconsin electors and then attempted to deliver that fraudulent slate of electors to the Vice President. Shit like that is just standard operating procedure for republicans. Ethics is not of concern to them.

I’m aware that certain parties become infuriated if someone considers Trump World disgusting but not terrifying, but sometimes you need to make choices in an imperfect world. When I look at the list of contenders to unseat Johnson, I’m comfortable voting for him.

As a practical matter, I think the party who campaigns by saying “the other side are awful, awful people and the world will end if you elect them” will be at a disadvantage to the party who says “look how these people have been governing”.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I’m aware that certain parties become infuriated if someone considers Trump World disgusting but not terrifying, but sometimes you need to make choices in an imperfect world. When I look at the list of contenders to unseat Johnson, I’m comfortable voting for him.

As a practical matter, I think the party who campaigns by saying “the other side are awful, awful people and the world will end if you elect them” will be at a disadvantage to the party who says “look how these people have been governing”.
    I think if someone was an active participant in a coup attempt, one should not vote for them. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post

I don't think Dems are throwing stones at the entire "other side." Some Independents and Democrats might be delighted if Cheney ran as an Independent, regardless of parts of her platform. I also believe the "other side" is doing their own stone-throwing at some of their miscreants. It's not as black and white as you would like to make it seem. But as Tybee said, yes, some things are "terrible, awful"--and many members of DJTraitor's own party agree. If the shoe fits, wear it.

And BTW, DJTraitor's governing was not to my liking, and that has nothing to do with his p*ssy-clutching, mob-inciting, hate-inflaming ways. This King Midas would bring down the natural world in a heartbeat if everything could be emblazoned with his name. I don't like him, and I don't like his politics, and I don't like his governing. There are plenty of moderate Republicans I could live with.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I don't think Dems are throwing stones at the entire "other side." Some Independents and Democrats might be delighted if Cheney ran as an Independent, regardless of parts of her platform. I also believe the "other side" is doing their own stone-throwing at some of their miscreants. It's not as black and white as you would like to make it seem. But as Tybee said, yes, some things are "terrible, awful"--and many members of DJTraitor's own party agree. If the shoe fits, wear it.

And BTW, DJTraitor's governing was not to my liking, and that has nothing to do with his p*ssy-clutching, mob-inciting, hate-inflaming ways. This King Midas would bring down the natural world in a heartbeat if everything could be emblazoned with his name. I don't like him, and I don't like his politics, and I don't like his governing. There are plenty of moderate Republicans I could live with.
    Agree. Also HAVE voted republican in the past. Although these days it is uncertain who is a "true" republican. I believe the party has evolved into something unrecognizable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I think if someone was an active participant in a coup attempt, one should not vote for them. Period.
    That pretty much sums it up!

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Agree. Also HAVE voted republican in the past. Although these days it is uncertain who is a "true" republican. I believe the party has evolved into something unrecognizable.
    I was even a Republican convention delegate at one point. Today's Republicans are not the same party at all. I'll have nothing to do with them.

and if voters were informed, rational, sensible, knew much about the world*, the critique would actually be about specifics of governing, this or that actual law passed for instance. Not about random stuff that I assume those in power have no direct control over unless a very strong case is made otherwise, like say the state of the economy. Yea, they don't directly control that. The sensible assumption is the state of the economy doesn't have much to do with those currently in power unless proven otherwise.

*Hint: voters are not that. So whatever never mind. I mean a lot of the elections are pretty undemocratic, so it's not the voters to blame. But I am not convinced voters are always drawing the most sensible conclusions either.
    Trees don't grow on money

Shocker! Asshole pharmacists are trying to impose their religious beliefs on people trying to buy contraception. I imagine they dream of getting to be the defendant in a case that gets to the radical Supreme Court. As has been pointed out before these people don’t care about fetuses. They are lying. They want to control women’s behavior.

https://www.nj.com/news/2022/07/walg...ancy-test.html

Thread Information