Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Roe vs. Wade.....

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I read online that Kamala Harris is now saying that the White House will help poor women with traveling costs to flee to a blue state for an abortion.
    How? The White House has no spending authority other than what Congress gives it. I remember this from Schoolhouse Rock.

And the GAO looks unkindly upon misuse of funds.

A tad melodramatic, true - but I have read online that militias will not be stopped from staffing the Louisiana state line and detaining women "suspected of murder" via fleeing to another state by car for an abortion.
    I'm quite curious why that sort of stop-and-detention isn't a felony, of the sort allowing use of lethal force in response? It is in most states...

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    How? The White House has no spending authority other than what Congress gives it. I remember this from Schoolhouse Rock.

Bae, for once I have no idea. I'm just passing along Kamala Harris's words. It's a good idea though and if implemented (sp?) may help this country split apart faster. One can hope.

Rob

I'm quite curious why that sort of stop-and-detention isn't a felony, of the sort allowing use of lethal force in response? It is in most states...
    I don't know specifically. I can however say that Louisiana is a scary, backwards place, worse even than Texas beyond the Austin Metro Area. I'm not at all surprised by such words coming out of Louisiana. Rob

Bae, for once I have no idea. I'm just passing along Kamala Harris's words. It's a good idea though and if implemented (sp?) may help this country split apart faster. One can hope.

Rob
    I asked you a bit ago what that "split" looks like in your mind? I live in perhaps the most liberal county in a very liberal state, and even here about 25% of the voters went for Trump in the last presidential election. Are you imagining we deport the 25%, or simply kill them in the middle of the night a la Serbia or Rwanda?

We all live side-by-side in most of America, there's not the division of red/blue that naive or disingenuous graphics would have you believe. On just my road, we have the head of our local Democratic party, the head of the local GOP, and me, a ringleader of our Extremist Middle. No more than a 5 minute walk from each other. Luckily I have the high ground.

Above is an article with Kamala Harris mentioning Federal assistance for low income women to travel for abortions. Rob

I asked you a bit ago what that "split" looks like in your mind? I live in perhaps the most liberal county in a very liberal state, and even here about 25% of the voters went for Trump in the last presidential election. Are you imagining we deport the 25%, or simply kill them in the middle of the night a la Serbia or Rwanda?

We all live side-by-side in most of America, there's not the division of red/blue that naive or disingenuous graphics would have you believe. On just my road, we have the head of our local Democratic party, the head of the local GOP, and me, a ringleader of our Extremist Middle. No more than a 5 minute walk from each other. Luckily I have the high ground.
    Bae, I don't know - do you honestly believe either side in the last Civil War knew how the end was going to look? Much wiser to focus on this possibility of a split and how can one best prepare for it. Instead of how it looks I'd rather focus on surviving it. Blame it on the Austrian in me. Rob

Apparently K Harris is proposing the use of some kind of federally paid travel voucher for low income women. Ay carumba things are going to get yet uglier in the United States - our young really need to be reevaluating this country snd if it's in their best interests to remain here. Rob

For the same reason that surrounding and trying to stop a presidential candidate’s bus in the middle of a freeway for purposes of instilling fear of violence is now considered an acceptable thing to do among a majority of republicans. At least it is if it’s republicans doing the intimidation.

Thread Information