View Poll Results: Should we add an 'Art' Forum?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 33.33%
  • No

2 66.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum dedicated to Art

Forum dedicated to Art

One of our members has suggested we add an 'Art' forum. What do you think?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Before I vote, I'd like to know what is the simple living theme behind "art"? How does it differentiate itself from "Hobbies"? Will there be enough interest in an Art topic for it to demand its own forum vs just putting Art topics in "Open forum" or "Hobbies and Creativity"?

In theory I love the idea--I am just trying to envision the type of posts it would have.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

What does this mean, “Art?”

I don’t think so, it’s too specific. Someone can always start a thread and have it go on for years. We do that with television shows were watching, movies were watching, books were reading.

The last forum we started about “prepping” never took off and the person who really wanted it didn’t contribute much if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Before I vote, I'd like to know what is the simple living theme behind "art"? How does it differentiate itself from "Hobbies"? Will there be enough interest in an Art topic for it to demand its own forum vs just putting Art topics in "Open forum" or "Hobbies and Creativity"?

In theory I love the idea--I am just trying to envision the type of posts it would have.
    Good questions Catherine, perhaps the requestor will give us his vision for the forum.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I'm also curious. If it is art appreciation, that could always go under Reviews. If it is artistic creations, we have the Our Artistic Endeavors in the Open forum.

What would make this different/unique?
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    What does this mean, “Art?”
    And how does it work with the TOS on here, as there is a lot of art that contains nudity, or objectionable material. (cross in a jar of piss, anyone?)

I would encourage anyone who’s new to start a thread about a topic they like, including an art discussion. Let’s see what kind of traction it gets.

I remember when I was new to this forum that it seemed overwhelming, the number of threads and posts. So I can kind of understand wanting a dedicated space for the thing I was interested in. But I have to say that after learning my way around this forum, there’s really not that many posts and it’s not that busy a place. One can find one’s way to the threads on a specific topic pretty easily.

I wonder if we couldn't just rename the Reviews forum as "Arts and Reviews?" What we read and watch usually falls under the umbrella of the arts.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I wonder if we couldn't just rename the Reviews forum as "Arts and Reviews?" What we read and watch usually falls under the umbrella of the arts.
    Yes, this would work, too.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    And how does it work with the TOS on here, as there is a lot of art that contains nudity, or objectionable material. (cross in a jar of piss, anyone?)
    I don't know... when I think Art I think of beauty. In an art forum, I would like to see how artists have captured the simple life or simplicity as a concept. There is an awesome FB page called Ravenous Butterflies that features wonderful works of art and they have curated artworks that really portray the beauty of simplicity. I would like to see works by artists that elevate the ordinary. So for that reason, I'm going to vote "yes" on Art as a forum. Let's see where it takes us.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information