Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Not to Vote Democrat

Yppej

Why Not to Vote Democrat

The latest by the looney left - as Americans struggle it's not enough to give billions to Ukraine and trillions with no vetting to fraudsters claiming covid relief, now we must feed every person who sneaks into the country illegally. Currently it's 55+ but there's a push on to give free food to everyone, whilst Americans who work don't get any help with suspension of gas taxes, food hit by inflation, etc.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ca...77cef7d134e5f1

We're a doormat country.

OK Democrats here on this board, we’re about two years away from the next presidential election. Who the hell are you gonna put up on that presidential ticket? Don’t you dare put that limp noodle Biden on. Don’t you dare.

I say that because if any of you have any remote wish for me to vote against Donald Trump by voting the Democratic ticket, you HAVE to offer a choice that is palatable.

Did you see AOC waffle on the question on CNN? I happened to catch it and then it made news.

I just told my 30-something kids, "Do you REALLY want an 80-year old guy as President?" Really--I'm old and I don't want someone 10 years older than me running the country. Sue me for ageism.

I do NOT blame Biden for the economy or for the war in Ukraine. I just think there has to be another viable person somewhere in the US among 300M people who has intelligence, charisma, integrity, and leadership and by the way is not at high risk of dying in office.

I have a feeling I'll be voting 3rd party next time around. I'm not happy with either party in general.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Did you see AOC waffle on the question on CNN? I happened to catch it and then it made news.

I just told my 30-something kids, "Do you REALLY want an 80-year old guy as President?" Really--I'm old and I don't want someone 10 years older than me running the country. Sue me for ageism.

I do NOT blame Biden for the economy or for the war in Ukraine. I just think there has to be another viable person somewhere in the US among 300M people who has intelligence, charisma, integrity, and leadership and by the way is not at high risk of dying in office.

I have a feeling I'll be voting 3rd party next time around. I'm not happy with either party in general.
    No, I dont pay attention to AOC’s utterances.

I have voted 3rd party the last several elections but do not hate my country enough to automatically do that if Trump is on the Republican ticket. I will have to mull that decision over carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    No, I dont pay attention to AOC’s utterances.

I have voted 3rd party the last several elections but do not hate my country enough to automatically do that if Trump is on the Republican ticket. I will have to mull that decision over carefully.
    Frankly, I really don't think either Trump or Biden want to be President again. I think Biden has fulfilled his promise to Beau, and I don't think Trump ever expected or wanted to win the first time. Unfortunately, both have egos so big it's hard for them to resist the callings.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Frankly, I really don't think either Trump or Biden want to be President again. I think Biden has fulfilled his promise to Beau, and I don't think Trump ever expected or wanted to win the first time. Unfortunately, both have egos so big it's hard for them to resist the callings.
    I am hoping against hope that Joe Biden who is apparently saying he’ll run again, is saying that for the good of the country. To keep it stable. To keep his presidency stable. To avoid the whole lame duck gestalt and all of the problems that generates.

but then, if he was having thoughts of stepping down, wouldn’t he be handing his vice president opportunities to shine? People don’t like her. Could Joe repair her image in a year? Sure he could. But I don’t think he has the brain power to do that.

As for Trump not wanting the presidency? Ummmm. I don’t think so. His vision is so narrow with him at the center of everything that he sees it as a personal affront that he lost the election.

Wow I went to the link expecting something about the Biden administration and immigration policy (but I don't think the Biden administration is anything out of the norm there) and it's about California state policy. People in the Republican thread are at least talking about national issues, and the Dems do have nominal control of the Fed gov now. This is reaching to the extreme.

The thing is California state government at this point has boatloads of money, a serious budget surplus, and can do what it wants. If I was inclined to worry about that, I'd just hope Jerry Brown's "rainy day" policies to reserve some of the surplus for yep "a rainy day" (although literal rain would be good), are still in place, because the budget isn't always in such surplus and a recession is forecast. Jerry Brown was the statesman that Newsom is just not, but he's termed out and retired from politics.
    Trees don't grow on money

I asked my magic eight ball if Pence would be the next president and it said, outlook hazy, try again.

My hope is that Biden announces he's not running soon enough for the democrats to get their ducks in a row, what ever that takes. I don't think Trump's ego could take another defeat, so he'll probably wait to see which direction the wind is blowing. There must be a few rising stars out there that are new faces and would actually stand a chance of winning against the old school characters that have already given it a shot.

As long as we are in the era of identity politics I can't think of any reason not to vote democratic, although there are a few free thinkers like Cheney and a few bum democrats out there.

Well, I can't vote Democrat, judging from our local Democratic party, which is corrupt, inept, bent on getting the County involved in expensive litigation by doing unlawful things, unwilling to govern, prefers to rule without consideration of the common good or considering the interests of anyone other than their supporters, anti-science, anti-technology, anti-good governance.

And I can't vote Republican, judging from our local wack-a-doodle Republican party, which is even worse in some ways.

Where's the party of boring reason, respect for all, and sound governance?

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Well, I can't vote Democrat, judging from our local Democratic party, which is corrupt, inept, bent on getting the County involved in expensive litigation by doing unlawful things, unwilling to govern, prefers to rule without consideration of the common good or considering the interests of anyone other than their supporters, anti-science, anti-technology, anti-good governance.

And I can't vote Republican, judging from our local wack-a-doodle Republican party, which is even worse in some ways.

Where's the party of boring reason, respect for all, and sound governance?
    So run for office. You're an expert on everything, who better than you?

Thread Information