Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Not to Vote Democrat

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I don’t know nor care although I’m sure you will tell me which category I qualify for.
    Actually I think you’re a poser. You don’t fit any of them. You just like calling yourself a deplorable.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Actually I think you’re a poser. You don’t fit any of them. You just like calling yourself a deplorable.
    I can assure you that in modern parlance I am a racist, as are you.

Which is why I don’t care about whatever opinionated adjective is applied to me.

Which is why I don’t care about whatever opinionated adjective is applied to me.
    Except you applied it to yourself. I"m reminded of a time, 15 years ago or so, when SO and I still lived in Jersey City. We were going somewhere on the lightrail and a really cleancut kid, maybe 6th or 7th grade, kept saying to someone on the phone "Yo, I'm G man, I'm Gangsta." And had to keep repeating himself because the person on the other end must have disagreed with this kid's self assessment. After he got off the train SO turned to me and said "no one riding the light rail is G."

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    You only need to peruse the reader comments to see the truth of what Brooks is saying. Angry. Bitter. Paranoid. Belligerent. Hostile. Certainly not the product of cheerful minds.

Thomas Sowell said something to the effect that he believes all people should be treated equally and judged by the same standards; and that sixty years ago they would call him a radical, thirty years ago they would call him a liberal, today they call him a racist.

all people should be treated equally and judged by the same standards
    I have no problem with this idea, except the second part is generally applied without the first condition having been met, and therein lies the difficulty.

Apparently the Arizona governor’s press secretary really hated her job. She wasn’t gonna survive THIS ridiculous tweet.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ansphobes.html

I tried to post the actual image, but the software here takes forever anymore to post an image.

there’s so many things one could say about this tweet, but it’s pretty obvious that this is someone who should not be in a high-level government job. And she wonders why any reasonable person believes they have the right to have a gun to protect themselves against people like her

The last thing I’m thinking about after the Nashville school shooting is the feelings of trans folks and I don’t really think shooting people who act in “transphobic” ways* is an appropriate response.

* any more, transphobic actions mean simply asking questions about the lack of science around gender transition. That’s now enough to get you killed apparently..

Apparently the Arizona governor’s press secretary really hated her job. She wasn’t gonna survive THIS ridiculous tweet.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ansphobes.html

I tried to post the actual image, but the software it just takes forever anymore to post an image.
    I've noticed this t-shirt design popping up over the last month, previous to the shooting of the other day, sort of a variant on the "molon labe" theme I suspect:

Here's the tweet. Between her and the woman in Nashville, it looks like this weekends 'Trans Day Of Vengeance' has started early.

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information