Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 198

Thread: What if trump isnít held accountable?

  1. #91
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    6,400
    "January 6th is not being addressed realistically and that which caused January 6th has not/is not going away."

    Agreed.

  2. #92
    Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    "January 6th is not being addressed realistically and that which caused January 6th has not/is not going away."

    Agreed.
    Thank You, Tybee. I'm glad I'm not the only one here who sees this.

    Rob

  3. #93
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7,527
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I'm afraid he won't be held accountable - I no longer have the basic faith/trust in the United States to believe he will be. This is not a free enough country from corruption for it to even be possible for him to be held accountable.

    I no longer even in my wildest dreams hope for justice here. Keep two bags packed - every day more Americans are waking up to.the truth I just posted.

    The Chinese proverb is indeed true - we do live in interesting times. Keep the bags packed - January 6th is not being addressed realistically and that which caused January 6th has not/is not going away.

    Rob
    What would you consider to be realistic?

  4. #94
    Senior Member bae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Offshore
    Posts
    10,612
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Keep two bags packed - every day more Americans are waking up to.the truth I just posted.

    The Chinese proverb is indeed true - we do live in interesting times. Keep the bags packed ...
    "Keeping two bags packed" isn't a plan.

    Keeping enough assets overseas, having local knowledge of some overseas destinations, speaking the language, perhaps already owning a home there, that's a plan. You can leave with the clothes on your back, or simply not return from a trip, and no worries.

    Having the foresight to leave in time is also crucial, if leaving is your plan.

  5. #95
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,122
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    "Keeping two bags packed" isn't a plan.

    Keeping enough assets overseas, having local knowledge of some overseas destinations, speaking the language, perhaps already owning a home there, that's a plan. You can leave with the clothes on your back, or simply not return from a trip, and no worries.

    Having the foresight to leave in time is also crucial, if leaving is your plan.
    Question is, how much is enough? (not a snark, asking?) I checked into Canada while trump was in office. We have friends that considered "grandfathering" us. With the news today about guns, it may be time? It is now the "wild west" and will only get more so. We are getting our house ready to sell. I think your "plan" has merit.

  6. #96
    Senior Member bae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Offshore
    Posts
    10,612
    Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    With the news today about guns, it may be time? It is now the "wild west" and will only get more so. We are getting our house ready to sell.
    Well, the "news today about guns" isn't especially hellish. 41 of the 50 states are already shall-issue or no-issue-needed...

  7. #97
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    8,307
    Itís fascinating to me how many people asked for pardons right after J6. Itís almost as if they realized that they had acted traitorously. Considering how close they were to the Ďactioní I imagine they probably werenít wrong in making the request.

  8. #98
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Always logged in
    Posts
    21,971
    Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Question is, how much is enough? (not a snark, asking?) I checked into Canada while trump was in office. We have friends that considered "grandfathering" us. With the news today about guns, it may be time? It is now the "wild west" and will only get more so. We are getting our house ready to sell. I think your "plan" has merit.
    Tell me how that ďgrandfatheringĒ works, for people your age which is also around my age.

    note: Canada does not welcome senior citizens who need healthcare.

  9. #99
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,122
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Tell me how that “grandfathering” works, for people your age which is also around my age.

    note: Canada does not welcome senior citizens who need healthcare.
    I don't know exactly. They offered, and at the time, we declined. I will also check but think my healthcare may not be an issue???? First, need to sell the house.

  10. #100
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Always logged in
    Posts
    21,971
    Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    I don't know exactly. They offered, and at the time, we declined. I will also check but think my healthcare may not be an issue???? First, need to sell the house.
    Why wouldn’t your “healthcare” be an issue? You ARE talking about becoming permanent residents/citizens, right? Canada does not want old people. That is, unless you bring in a crap ton of funds, I mean really a lot, then you can (or could at one time anyway) emigrate there as a “investor class” emigrant. Although that may have had age restrictions as well.

    Think you have no idea of the reality of Canada accepting you as a citizen. Selling your house is the least of it.

    Many many people fling about fleeing overseas but I think Bae is about the only one here who has realistic ideas about it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •