Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: What if trump isn’t held accountable?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I think that outlook runs the danger of committing another "sin" - fetishization of Native American wisdom and cultural practices.
    Yes, but we can benefit from their wisdom without sacrificing some of the progress we've made. Their wisdom can point us in the direction of a "sharing" mentality rather than a "devouring" mentality.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Why don't you ask the Native American communities?
    Which community? The one that was displaced by Europeans, or the the previous owners that they displaced?

My fear is that if he is not held accountable, then he will go on to worse and worse atrocities--like 1938. I do not understand how he could have been impeached twice and not stopped then.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    My fear is that if he is not held accountable, then he will go on to worse and worse atrocities--like 1938. I do not understand how he could have been impeached twice and not stopped then.
    At every stop along the way there were Republican enablers. Look at House and Senate votes. With very, very few exceptions, Republicans are culpable.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    What makes you think they (Jan 6 Committee) are interested in a prosecutable charge? Chairman Bennie Thompson (D) has said they will not make a criminal referral to the DOJ. This seems to be a strictly political production, possibly designed to inflame you while not actually doing anything.
    How many times did Hillary Clinton have to answer questions about Benghazi? Which she did in a professional fashion without whining, even though she had no culpability in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I listened to you guys for years talking about GWB stealing an election from the real winner, Al Gore. I guess you de-sensitized my reaction to sore losers.
    Al Gore was the very antithesis of a sore loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    And, republicans still will vote for him!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    And, republicans still will vote for him!!!!
    And the Democratic Party will spend your money promoting his preferred candidates prior to the mid-terms so that you can blame Republicans when they win.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Wealthy tribes are the outliers, from what I've seen.
    At least we could learn from our mistakes (or crimes, more realistically), which it's not clear we have.
    Oh yes the wealthy tribes are not the typical ones, that’s for sure. But they do exist. I just mentioned it to point that out.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Oh yes the wealthy tribes are not the typical ones, that’s for sure. But they do exist. I just mentioned it to point that out.
    #not_all_...

Right...

Thread Information