Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: What if trump isn’t held accountable?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Just providing a face for the other person involved in the debate, the one that no one is willing to discuss.
    You can discuss the nature of embryos and fetuses all you like, but really, it's only the business of the woman involved. That shouldn't be hard to grasp.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    You can discuss the nature of embryos and fetuses all you like, but really, it's only the business of the woman involved. That shouldn't be hard to grasp.
    Plus, only love is the secret ingredient in happy outcomes like your family's (and mine) and unfortunately the government can mandate all the laws they want with regard to abortion, but it can't mandate love.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Plus, only love is the secret ingredient in happy outcomes like your family's (and mine) and unfortunately the government can mandate all the laws they want with regard to abortion, but it can't mandate love.
    The financial considerations alone for a family with few means, marginal jobs, existing children, etc. comprise another angle that is rarely discussed. Again, it's nobody's business but that of the woman involved, and it certainly shouldn't be for us to decide from our vantage up here on a high horse.

And abortions are going to be mostly unwanted kids by definition. I mean I don't think you can equate someone who wants to bring a kid into the world even if some others whose concern it isn't, really don't want them to, with someone who doesn't. They are really two incomparable things. And no someone's desire to be a grandparent definitely doesn't trump that, they should get a pet.
    Last edited by ApatheticNoMore; 6-22-22 at 1:47pm. Reason: spell
    Trees don't grow on money

The financial considerations alone for a family with few means, marginal jobs, existing children, etc. comprise another angle that is rarely discussed. Again, it's nobody's business but that of the woman involved, and it certainly shouldn't be for us to decide from our vantage up here on a high horse.
    there was a story here about a homeless woman with I don't know 12 kids all living homeless or something and it was like for heavens sake stop having kids and bringing them into homeless (I know people with kids can fall homeless, but this was clearly not what was happening there).
    Trees don't grow on money

Sometimes I fear that the reason that they may not seek to hold Trump accountable is because if they fail in a prosecution, then what happens next? I would never have thought after the events of Jan 6, that people witnessed that as they were happening on television, that the Republicans in the state of Texas would vote for a platform asserting that the election was illegitimate. The horrors grow.

The horrors do indeed grow. I've been watching the January 6 hearings and my heart breaks for those who risked their physical and political lives to stand up to Trump, Eastman, Giuliani, et al. The lady who testified yesterday about the hell she and her mother went through just for volunteering as poll workers - I can't imagine.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

And, now, people are saying they will vote GOP no matter what. It is unfathomable.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    And, now, people are saying they will vote GOP no matter what. It is unfathomable.
    Sticking it to the libs, writ large.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I'm afraid he won't be held accountable - I no longer have the basic faith/trust in the United States to believe he will be. This is not a free enough country from corruption for it to even be possible for him to be held accountable.

I no longer even in my wildest dreams hope for justice here. Keep two bags packed - every day more Americans are waking up to.the truth I just posted.

The Chinese proverb is indeed true - we do live in interesting times. Keep the bags packed - January 6th is not being addressed realistically and that which caused January 6th has not/is not going away.

Rob

Thread Information