Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: What if trump isn’t held accountable?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    That's a rather disturbing article. I hope it never comes to that.
    If it does, it will be people like him who should be held responsible for stochastic terrorism. He's been fomenting mob violence in the name of nationalism for years. Meanwhile, Marjorie Taylor Green is proudly calling herself a Christian Nationalist.

"Christian nationalism is defined as "the belief that the American nation is defined by Christianity, and that the government should take active steps to keep it that way," according to an article published by Christianity Today in 2021. "

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Did you ever stop to think that I don't actually WANT the trauma of this country splitting? It just seems inevitable at this point, why not embrace it, make the most of it? Rob
    What does "embracing it" mean, and how would I "make the most of it"?

I mean, there are some Republicans down the road from me with some pretty sweet stuff, and I don't think they are particularly good shots or educated about security...

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    If it does, it will be people like him who should be held responsible for stochastic terrorism. He's been fomenting mob violence in the name of nationalism for years. Meanwhile, Marjorie Taylor Green is proudly calling herself a Christian Nationalist.

"Christian nationalism is defined as "the belief that the American nation is defined by Christianity, and that the government should take active steps to keep it that way," according to an article published by Christianity Today in 2021. "
    Rachel Maddow discussed Christian Nationalists yesterday. Was very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    What does "embracing it" mean, and how would I "make the most of it"?

I mean, there are some Republicans down the road from me with some pretty sweet stuff, and I don't think they are particularly good shots or educated about security...

I'll be toast, as I'm not going to profess Christianity. I'll probably be sent to the camps. (Though I should be on the rolls of the Catholic church somewhere, and Catholics loom large in this movement.)

... after (Andrew) Torba endorsed (Doug) Mastriano (Pennsylvania Republican gubernatorial candidate), the Gab founder filmed a video again making his anti-Semitic politics clear.

“This isn’t a big tent,” Torba said. “This is a Christian movement, full stop. The only way that we’re going to gain any ground in the culture, in the government, in taking our towns, our cities, our states, our counties in our country back is by putting Jesus Christ first. It’s just that simple. There’s no other way. There’s no other path.”

Separately, Torba said he considered certain Jewish conservatives — Dave Rubin and Ben Shapiro — unwelcome in the movement unless “they repent and accept Jesus Christ as their lord and savior.”

“We don’t want people who are atheists,” he said. “We don’t want people who are Jewish. We don’t want people who are, you know, nonbelievers, agnostic, whatever.”

What if Hitler joined forces with Torquemada? Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I'll be toast, as I'm not going to profess Christianity. I'll probably be sent to the camps.
    This sort of thing is how my ancestors ended up in America.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I would prefer Kasich or Cheney.
    I’d put the likelihood of the republicans picking a moderate Democrat like either of them at approximately -542%.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I’d put the likelihood of the republicans picking a moderate Democrat like either of them at approximately -542%.
    And that is why there is no Republican Party anymore.

It's more than disturbing....1938...

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    This sort of thing is how my ancestors ended up in America.
    I'm sure that's how some of the SO's ancestors wound up in Mexico. I have to apologize for my Puritan forebears, famously punitive and priggish sect members who brought this mindset to America in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    It's more than disturbing....1938...
    I used to wonder how the horrors of Hitler and Nazism came to be--how good Germans didn't see it coming and stop it. Now I know. People are generally willfully ignorant and disinclined to educate themselves until it's too late. And maybe not even then.

Thread Information